RIP Lesley Gore

deej
This topic is 3374 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to"

and more importantly

[video=youtube_share;JDUjeR01wnU]

Her death from lung cancer was confirmed by her partner of 30 years, Lois Sasson.

For some of us, this was the soundtrack of our youth.

"It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to"

and more importantly

[video=youtube_share;JDUjeR01wnU]

Her death from lung cancer was confirmed by her partner of 30 years, Lois Sasson.

For some of us, this was the soundtrack of our youth.

So true deej. That was recorded 50+yrs ago. May she RIP.

~Boomer ~

I was a big fan in my admittedly long-lost youth. Now I listen to these songs, and while I still enjoy them, the voice is very average, I find, and there isn't much range emotionally or note-wise. Still though, it takes me back to another time and I enjoy the trip.
I have never had the desire to analyze her vocal strengths. I said in another thread, I sang along with her many times, and I think I even had an LP! For me, I find it significant that when I heard her songs, it always put a smile on my face. My wish is that she found a beautiful life with her partner, and passed in comfort.

I have never had the desire to analyze her vocal strengths. I said in another thread, I sang along with her many times, and I think I even had an LP! For me, I find it significant that when I heard her songs, it always put a smile on my face. My wish is that she found a beautiful life with her partner, and passed in comfort.

I totally agree with you.

Archived