The Inaugural CFP: Ohio State vs. Alabama, Oregon vs. Florida State

armadillo
This topic is 3407 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The No. 1 Crimson Tide will face the No. 4 Buckeyes in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, and the second-seeded Ducks will face the third-seeded Seminoles in the Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual, both on New Year's Day.

Who are your picks?

I am going with Oregon Ducks / (Heisman Trophy winner??) Marcus Mariota. FSU QBack Jameis Winston (crab leg thief convict) is good, but needs no more attention.

Crimson Tide over Buckeyes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a graduate of Florida State I'm deeply hurt at the lack of respect and love shown my alma mater. Our last minute, come from behind, hanging on by our fingernails wins this season

were all a master plan to lure Oregon and then Alabama into overconfidence and final annihilation on the field. All of you will rue the day you disparaged the mighty Seminoles

of Florida State. (Unless, of course, you're good looking and have a big dick - then you can say anything you like)

As a graduate of Florida State I'm deeply hurt at the lack of respect and love shown my alma mater. Our last minute, come from behind, hanging on by our fingernails wins this season

were all a master plan to lure Oregon and then Alabama into overconfidence and final annihilation on the field. All of you will rue the day you disparaged the mighty Seminoles

of Florida State. (Unless, of course, you're good looking and have a big dick - then you can say anything you like)

Well I live in Florida, but have you seen Marcus Mariota?

Hold your horses, I'm trying to remember. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/deep-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Since I love the jock look and have no computer skills, can someone please post a pic of one player from each of the four "playoff" teams? I tried posting pics but was pitifully poor putting p(h)otos of pleasing posteriors and peeking penises of these players posing for their penultimate passages. Please?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7c800xcAg1qkmmjko1_400.jpgCASE MCCOY TEXAS

Since I had limited luck with finding fitting pictures from each of the four teams, I set up my own College Football Championship Kansas State vs Penn State Michigan State vs Texas. For me Penn State over Kansas State despite the 2 for 1 advantage. i wonder if Papa Joe recruited this man. A close battle in the second contest, but despite that handsome face and great football body, who could pass up that ass, so Texas wins the second battle.

In the championship game, for me Texas has too much ummm "talent" and I find that ultimately my poll goes to Texas

Background on Mariota:

One of the alluring mysteries of college football this season is why almost every coach in the country was so wrong about Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.

Mariota is stretching the statistical limits we use to understand college quarterbacks. At this point, the question isn’t if Mariota wins the Heisman Trophy on Saturday, but if he wins by the widest margin ever. By the end of the season, he may end up with a bigger prize, as the Ducks play Florida State on Jan. 1 in the College Football Playoff semifinal.

Every college team wishes it had Mariota now. Nearly every NFL team does, too. As it turns out, though, almost no schools wanted Mariota when they could have had him.

Mariota went overlooked as a recruit for many reasons that reveal a great deal about the current state of college football, from the conservative nature of coaches to the flawed ways they still evaluate talent.

But what most conspired against Mariota playing college football was his home state. Mariota is from Hawaii—and college coaches hate going to Hawaii.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-no-one-wanted-marcus-mariota-1418327384?mod=WSJ_hps_sections_sports

And Mariota wins the Heisman Trophy. Quack! Quack! Go Ducks!

]As expected, his Heisman win was of near-historic proportion.

Mariota was named on 95.16% of all ballots collected, a record for the award. USC running back Reggie Bush was named on a record 91.77% of ballots when he won the Heisman in 2005, an award since vacated following NCAA penalties. One year later, Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith was named on 91.63% of all ballots in winning the award, and Mariota is second with 90.9.

As expected, his Heisman win was of near-historic proportion.[/i]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/heisman/2014/12/13/heisman-trophy-marcus-mariota-melvin-gordon-amari-cooper-wins/20368451/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived