Chicago, July 25-28, 2014 - please make sticky

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3596 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to this! Prior commitments will cause me to leave early and miss some of the main events, but hope to meet those who are in town early. Thanks to Chris and Dane for herding the cats and putting these events together.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE FOR CHICAGO FORUM GET TOGETHER

This is the cumulative list for the Chicago Architecture Boat Tour.

If I've left you off or you haven't committed to coming and would like to, please contact me or post below this one.

Chris

Dane Scott

Ace

William E

Dane Michaels

Bart

Boston Bill

SFWestcoaster

Tyro

Prof Mitch

Ursalex

Let us know if you're planning to attend so we can make event plans with accurate counts!

Five weeks or so to go! See you soon.

If I've left you off or you haven't committed to coming and would like to, please contact me or post below this one.

Chris

Dane Scott

Ace

William E

Dane Michaels

Zach Wilson

Raul

Bart

Boston Bill

SFWestcoaster

Tyro

Prof Mitch

Ursalex

Wisconsinguy

Let us know if you're planning to attend so we can make event plans with accurate counts!

Chris

Dane Scott

Ace

William E

Dane Michaels

Zach Wilson

Raul

Bart

Boston Bill

SFWestcoaster

Tyro

Prof Mitch

Ursalex

Wisconsinguy

Chitown is attending both the boat cruise and the dinner with me.

What happened to Jawjawtech and Mikey Nola?

Boston Bill

Is there a suggested hotel? Having grown up in Greater Chicagoland, I'm very familiar with what the turf was like.

I never read this thread before. It sounds like it will be fun, and interesting to meet some of you face to face!

So: Hotel suggestions, Please!

Check your messages gallahadsquire. Contact me for further suggestions.

Dane Scott

Chicago Forum Weekend - Another Possible Activity

Is anyone interested in taking in a Cubs game at Wrigley during the Forum weekend? Possible games that don’t conflict with other group activities are Thursday 7/24 at 7:00 vs. San Diego, Friday 7/25 at 3:05 vs. Cardinals, and Sunday 7/27 at 1:20 vs. Cardinals. It would be nice to get even a small group together for one of the games.

If you are anxious to watch MEN playing games wearing tight, spandex uniforms, please let me know which game(s) you can attend, and how much you are willing to pay for a ticket. (You can check the Cubs website for pricing.) You can e-mail me privately at ursalex1@optonline.net. Please put “Cubs” in the Subject line. You do not need to know the difference between a fastball and a curve to attend.

ursalex

I would have really enjoyed that, but I have scheduled other things during those times DAMN!!! Make sure you introduce yourself at one of the functions. Always great to meet classy, real guys. PS You have incredible tastes in MEN :-)

Boston Bill

Chris

Dane Scott

Ace

William E

Dane Michaels

Zach Wilson

Raul

Bart

Boston Bill

SFWestcoaster

Tyro

Prof Mitch

Ursalex

Wisconsinguy

DonCon

Chitown

**I'll continue to check Groupon on a daily basis to see if they're offering any specials. About 3 weeks out, I'm going to make a "let's purchase the tickets" post, so that it doesn't sell out from under us. From what the customer service rep said, this most likely won't be a problem.

This is the UPDATED list for the Saturday Night Forum Dinner

Please contact me if you would like to attend the dinner

Chris

Ace

Dane Scott

William Erickson

Zach Wilson

Raul

DonCon

Wisconsin Guy

Ursalex

Tyro

Crheit

SFWestcoaster

Bart

Boston Bill

Chitown

Professor Mitch

Is anyone interested in taking in a Cubs game at Wrigley during the Forum weekend? Possible games that don’t conflict with other group activities are Thursday 7/24 at 7:00 vs. San Diego, Friday 7/25 at 3:05 vs. Cardinals, and Sunday 7/27 at 1:20 vs. Cardinals. It would be nice to get even a small group together for one of the games.

What a stunningly great idea! Everyone, baseball fan or not, should experience Wrigley Field on game day.

But, man, Cardinals games? In July? Getting a block for those will be EXPENSIVE! It's the hottest ticket in town. The only series more popular is the annual cross-town classic (Cubs vs. White Sox). Of course you could always go for the bleachers. Remember the Bleacher Bum chant: RIGHT FIELD SUCKS! (Or left field, depending on where you sit.)

This is the UPDATED list for the Saturday Night Forum Dinner

Please contact me if you would like to attend the dinner.

DaneScottUSA@gmail.com

Chris Eisenhower

Ace

Dane Scott

William Erickson

Zach Wilson

Raul

Dane Michaels

DonCon

Wisconsin Guy

Ursalex

Tyro

Crheit

SFWestcoaster

Bart

Boston Bill

Chitown

Professor Mitch

If anyone attending has any special diet needs or food allergies please let me know and the restaurant will be happy take care of them for you.

Alas, with regret, I must confess that I cannot attend this swank affair. With 2 other trips planned in late July, I cannot add Chicago between them without being too weary and cranky. I thank Chris and Dane for expending the effort to gather our community, and do hope that a great time is had by all. I anticipate reading lusty trip reports from the attendees which will make all of us non-attendees jealous that we missed the gathering.

Hey guys,

When you are attempting to purchase tickets for the cruise, let me know if you have a problem finding the correct time. Departure time is supposed to be 12:15 PM on Saturday. I just spoke with a customer service rep for Seadog, there should be plenty of tickets. Shoot me a message if you have any concerns scheduling tickets and we will get it sorted out. Thanks for your patience!

Hey guys,

When you are attempting to purchase tickets for the cruise, let me know if you have a problem finding the correct time. Departure time is supposed to be 12:15 PM on Saturday. I just spoke with a customer service rep for Seadog, there should be plenty of tickets. Shoot me a message if you have any concerns scheduling tickets and we will get it sorted out. Thanks for your patience!

UPDATE:

The Seadog page is a little confusing. To purchase your ticket:

1) http://www.seadogcruises.com/chicago

2) click FIND A CRUISE

3) select 07/26/14 for the date

4) select RIVER & LAKE ARCHITECTURAL TOUR (disregard the time, but make sure it says July 26)

5) select 12:15 cruise > ADULT

and go from there. Let me know if you need further help.

Chris

Alas, with regret, I must confess that I cannot attend this swank affair. With 2 other trips planned in late July, I cannot add Chicago between them without being too weary and cranky. I thank Chris and Dane for expending the effort to gather our community, and do hope that a great time is had by all. I anticipate reading lusty trip reports from the attendees which will make all of us non-attendees jealous that we missed the gathering.

Well that just SUCKS.

You will be missed my friend.

See you at the next one.

Archived