Chicago, July 25-28, 2014 - please make sticky

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3596 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This seams like it will be fun, chicago is a great place! I love mini bar in boys town as well as the museums chicago has to offer. Count me in for now(could change) and I will also discuss with Lance eastman from raleigh see if he would tag along. :) Hope everyone is doing well xo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone should be able to book a hotel with no trouble.

This isn't my party. Maybe my advice isn't wanted at all. And you all are certainly more than welcome to completely ignore me. But from my experience with organizing the DC luncheon and from attending PS multiple times, it works best if there are just a couple of hotels within close proximity of each other so that everyone can get together easier.

But then again, what do I know?

This isn't my party. Maybe my advice isn't wanted at all. And you all are certainly more than welcome to completely ignore me. But from my experience with organizing the DC luncheon and from attending PS multiple times, it works best if there are just a couple of hotels within close proximity of each other so that everyone can get together easier.

But then again, what do I know?

I agree completely! As it is not a large enough gathering to have a host hotel, it certainly is important to be staying in close proximity. Dane suggested the Knickerbocker which is downtown, has great reviews, images of rooms, etc. look really good, and they have a super special going on right now.

This where I plan to stay. And since Dane spent a great deal of time in Chicago, this is a great recommendation.

Boston Bill

PS I think it goes under Millenium Knickerbocker

Wayne and I are hoping we'll be able to go, and if we do, we'll definitely be staying at the Knickerbocker. I hope we can make it!

Rob

I sure hope you guys can make it. I'll be able to tell by the open room door and the sign "Open for Business" :-)

The MK is requiring a two night stay. I was only coming down for Saturday, only 1hr 25 min by train from home, but I will be there Fri and Sat. I would make reservations earlier rather than later. Cubs/Cardinals is a big draw. Lots of St. Louis fans do come up for the weekend series in Chicago.

Chicago, oh Chicago what a fun and lovely city. Count me in CE. I think this timing will be perfect due to the midwest's mild summer season. There is something about midwestern men and the whiplash I get when up that way.. It is seems that quite a few Gents I love from the industry are going to be up there and, am looking forward to this event! See y'all there!!!!!!

Chicago, oh Chicago what a fun and lovely city. Count me in CE. I think this timing will be perfect due to the midwest's mild summer season. There is something about midwestern men and the whiplash I get when up that way.. It is seems that quite a few Gents I love from the industry are going to be up there and, am looking forward to this event! See y'all there!!!!!!

DOUBLE DANES!!!!!! Now that's hot.

Boston Bill

Boy this looks like fun. Chicago is where I grew up and I still have family in Rockford Ill. I am about to leave for a month's vacation in St Augustine,Fl. so not sure if I could swing another trip so soon with work, but I am really gonna give it some thought. Maybe see some family, catch a Cubs game and spend time with a bunch of hot like-minded men.

What's not to love?

Boy this looks like fun. Chicago is where I grew up and I still have family in Rockford Ill. I am about to leave for a month's vacation in St Augustine,Fl. so not sure if I could swing another trip so soon with work, but I am really gonna give it some thought. Maybe see some family, catch a Cubs game and spend time with a bunch of hot like-minded men.

What's not to love?[/color][/size][/font]

The St. Louis Cardinals will be in Chicago that weekend to play the Cubs.

I had a marvlelous tour in Chicago in July of 2012 and i have been trying to figure out dates for a return this summer. WHAT A GREAT AND PERFECT EXCUSE THIS IS. Count me in. The dates for previous gatherings have never worked for me. Now I am a HUGE baseball fan so the cubs being home is a good thing for me. I love Wrigley Field and it is just a short walk to boystown from the ballpark. http://www.rentmen.com/mikeyusatop ps ... in the summer of 2012 i got the hyatt on wacker drive for 150 a night for 5 nights. Great stay. I drove in and they also gave me half off parking because of the 5 night stay.

Hi Forum

It's seems that a few of us are finding rooms downtown off Michigan Ave. It makes sense to be in this area certainly for those who have not been to Chicago before. You will be near many of the tourist attractions as well as great shopping, restaurants, and just a few blocks from the Lake.

However, "Boystown" is North of the downtown area. Easy cab ride or taking the L train.

I just looked at the what I think is still the only hotel in Boystown, but I could be wrong. Its called the Hawthorne Terrace by Best Western. Very charming and in the middle of it all. Bars, Clubs and Restaurants. I just checked the rates for that weekend and they are around 240 a night. I used to stay here all the time before moving to Chicago. Loved it.

Dane

Hi Forum

It's seems that a few of us are finding rooms downtown off Michigan Ave. It makes sense to be in this area certainly for those who have not been to Chicago before. You will be near many of the tourist attractions as well as great shopping, restaurants, and just a few blocks from the Lake.

However, "Boystown" is North of the downtown area. Easy cab ride or taking the L train.

I just looked at the what I think is still the only hotel in Boystown, but I could be wrong. Its called the Hawthorne Terrace by Best Western. Very charming and in the middle of it all. Bars, Clubs and Restaurants. I just checked the rates for that weekend and they are around 240 a night. I used to stay here all the time before moving to Chicago. Loved it.

Dane

the boys have long since left boystown. andersonville i hear is the new gay spot.

Archived