Chick-Fil-A does it again

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4005 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He's probably over-compensating for having Cathy as his last name. I'm sure he was teased mercilessly as a kid. Not that that's an excuse, Chatty Cathy.

I had never even heard of the chain until last year when the controversy started. I've never eaten there, never will. For what it's worth, I think the name Chick-fil-A is too gimmicky, and offputting enough to me that I really wouldn't want to eat there anyway. (To me the name sounds more like what they might call stuff they feed to chickens, not humans, lol.) Not that that really has anything to do with Mr. Cathy's political/sexual views - that's just the straw that broke the, um, chick's back.

If you're up in the Cape Cod area and want amazing fried chicken, I would suggest the Marconi Beach restaurant in Wellfleet (I ate there last night - had heard lots about their fried chicken, but was quite amazed to find out that it really WAS that good. I also had a sample of the bbq ribs and they were great as well.) http://www.marconibeachrestaurant.net/

As for Chicken Filet spelled wrong - I have no use for their food or their ideology. :p

Yeah but their shakes are so delicious. And only 1,600 calories.

Hilarious..."only 1,600 calories". It does help explain why many of the Chick-fil-a customers I see are likely eligible for their own zip codes. I've never eaten there, never will, can't remember the last time I was at a McDonalds, etc. When I do eat out, I try to spend money at non chain restaurants. I know its a lame way to help truly small businesses but I like it when I find or learn from someone else about a great one. And yes, I avoid fast food nearly religiously. I'll confess, and its a rare that the opportunity presents itself, that if I see an In-N-Out burger - I'm there!!

My mother put it very plainly when she moved out to the East (she's since gone back out West):

"What's the god damn hype with this chic-fil-a place? Its a god damn sandwich. And everyone goes crazy for the pickle. WHY? Its a single fucking pickle, and it doesn't even taste good. Why would I wait in line for 20 minutes behind soccer moms for something that's just "okay"? I don't get these southern folk."

I've only had a Chick-Fil-A sandwich once in my life. It was 4-5 years ago with a work group at lunch. I found it totally bland and nothing special at all. I saw no reason to ever return based on the food I had on that one occasion. Of course, since then, I've learned about their conservative views......so won't be patronizing them ever again based on that as well.

I heard that Cathy's offensive Tweet was deleted by the company not long after it was issued. Then the company issued a statement that Cathy's words "are his personal views". Nice try putting the horses back in the barn and I'm thinking more of Cathy's employees are telling him to STFU. I hope his wife runs off with the gardener and files divorce and includes as a reason that Cathy is lacking between the legs. "Mean people suck"

My mother put it very plainly when she moved out to the East (she's since gone back out West):

"What's the god damn hype with this chic-fil-a place? Its a god damn sandwich. And everyone goes crazy for the pickle. WHY? Its a single fucking pickle, and it doesn't even taste good. Why would I wait in line for 20 minutes behind soccer moms for something that's just "okay"? I don't get these southern folk."

I felt the same thing when Krispy Kreme came to CA. Is that all there is? Now Five Guys Cajun fries, that's something else entirely.

I felt the same thing when Krispy Kreme came to CA. Is that all there is? Now Five Guys Cajun fries, that's something else entirely.

Krispy Kreme tried to open a bunch of stores in Massachusetts about 10 years ago - but somehow they didn't last, and I think they're all gone now. I thought they were good, but yeah, nothing THAT groundbreaking - not enough competition for Dunkin' Donuts. (Though I liked being able to see the donuts being made. Cool.)

Five Guys just opened two restaurants in Boston, but I haven't been there yet. I'll have to go and try the Cajun fries...;)

I know, right? And I'm planning a trip right now to Cali and have stated the requirement that we will be going to In-N-Out Burger.

No one who actually lives here, except for douchebags, calls it "Cali" and you really ought to skip In-N-Out and just go to Burger Lounge.

I know, right? And I'm planning a trip right now to Cali and have stated the requirement that we will be going to In-N-Out Burger.

Well Chris I can tell you that I never got tired of In-N-Out Burger. AND during the Northridge Earthquake, when we were without power for over a week, they brought in a semi-truck full of supplies, generators and lights. By that afternoon they were open for business. They cooked and supplied the neighborhood with food and water for a week and never charged a penny.

Fair enough. In all honesty, "Cali" reminds me of "'za" (which I have never heard once in my entire life).

Totally ok with me Chris if you call it "Cali" and please have an extra In-N-Out burger for me :) Hope you have a great trip and enjoy lots of sunsets and sunrises. I hadn't heard about what the company did during the Northridge earthquake and I'm impressed by their actions. I was living in LA at the time but at the beach and somewhat oblivious to the turmoil people in that area were going through (except what one say on the news).

Totally ok with me Chris if you call it "Cali" and please have an extra In-N-Out burger for me :) Hope you have a great trip and enjoy lots of sunsets and sunrises. I hadn't heard about what the company did during the Northridge earthquake and I'm impressed by their actions. I was living in LA at the time but at the beach and somewhat oblivious to the turmoil people in that area were going through (except what one say on the news).

I've been a complete burger pig in DC, since there's all sorts of burgery restaurants here. The fries have been intermittent, though.

if you're watching your carbs, Chris, order that double-double "protein style"....and I always like my burgers there "animal style"...

In-N-Out's legendary "secret menu":

http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx

HuffPo or someone just did an exposé on "Monkey Style." Minus the onions and I'm there.

The only carbs I watch go into my mouth.

Archived