The infamous WKRP turkey drop. Happy Thanksgiving!

unsub2O17
This topic is 4222 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You may recall the 1978 "turkey drop" episode of the classic sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati" - perhaps the funniest Thanksgiving-themed episode in television history. The premise: the management of a struggling Cincinnati radio station concocts a Thanksgiving promotion of tossing free turkeys from a helicopter over a shopping mall ... but they didn't realize that turkeys don't fly; the URL:

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafYtDe.html

You may recall the 1978 "turkey drop" episode of the classic sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati" - perhaps the funniest Thanksgiving-themed episode in television history. The premise: the management of a struggling Cincinnati radio station concocts a Thanksgiving promotion of tossing free turkeys from a helicopter over a shopping mall ... but they didn't realize that turkeys don't fly; the URL:

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafYtDe.html

Thanks Unsub...I loved that show!!!

I remember watching this one too. Everyone remembers the "As God is my witness" punch line, but the line that set up the punch line and let long-time viewers know something remarkable was happening was when "Jennifer" offered to get "Mr. Carlson" a cup of coffee. People gasped when that happened.

Great show. Great scene.

(And yeah, I had the hots for Gary Sandy too.)

(And yeah, I had the hots for Gary Sandy too.)

One of my favorite episodes was when the photographer took pics of Jennifer naked. Jennifer tried to reason with him and they assumed he must be gay so they sent Andy to reason with him instead. I always loved his tight jeans.

Archived