The Pope Arrives in Guatemala

bluenix
This topic is 7991 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Mr. Thunderbuns is averaging over 120 posts per month, so I

>am sure this new thread will help him get to that 1000 mark

>in record time!

Indeed. We get our motivation where we can find it. I confess to a tadpole's leg up in the self-interest department, what with my own sprint toward 200, um, pending.

>>Mr. Thunderbuns is averaging over 120 posts per month, so I

>>am sure this new thread will help him get to that 1000 mark

>>in record time!

>

>Indeed. We get our motivation where we can find it. I

>confess to a tadpole's leg up in the self-interest

>department, what with my own sprint toward 200, um, pending.

Wow. I just realized that I am now over 1,000. Yay me!!!

Guest Thunderbuns

>Going over 1,000 posts is sorta like turning 40. You're glad

>you made it but it's otherwise sorta unfulfilling. x(

Unfulfilling? I thought at 1000 posts Hooboy pays for a night for you with Rick Munroe! Why else do you think I've been posting?

Thunderbuns

EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING DEPT.:

Ad rian and the rest of us should be gratified to hear that something good may come out of the Pope's visit to Guatemala, a land of stunning scenic beauty, incredible cultural richness and diversity, and a dysfunctional political system (bordering on the sociopathic): the President of Guatemala has announced that, in consideration of the Pope's petition, the government is considering abolishing the death penalty. Now, if it will also abolish its remaining death squads and emasculate its military, there might be some hope for achieving a truly democratic society. Tragically, Guatemala has hardly had a moment's peace since the C.I.A. deposed the democratically-elected Pres. Arbenz way back during the Eisenhower era. Another case of American meddling in Latin America gone catastrophically wrong! Our tax dollars at work! :'(

Guest Chazzz69

Deej,

Have not hit the 1000 posts yet but am turning 40 on Thursday. Have to agree, gald I made it but its not like turning 30 and finally having to become an adult. Guess I will use my fourth decade to add "responsible" to that phrase.

Now, if I could only find some one to help me blow out my candles.:p

Chazzz69

>Unfulfilling? I thought at 1000 posts Hooboy pays for a

>night for you with Rick Munroe! Why else do you think I've

>been posting?

>

>Thunderbuns

Am I the only other person that wondered the same thing?

I don't make it here all that often as I have other things to do, but quite honestly, I figured that you had to be a shut-in of some sort with nothing else to do--at all.

Flower :*

Awww. Well, at least now I won't have to have any sort of hoopla when I reach fourty. :) Which is either 15 years from now of 25 years ago, depending on what Nick is imagining today. Or 5 years from now if the age in my reviews is to be believed.

Yeah, baby, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

> 15 years

>from now of 25 years ago

LOL, Kneel.

I'm about a month away from the 12th anniversary of my 32nd birthday.

Jack Benny got about 70 years out of that gag. I should be allowed one or two, don't ya think? ;-)

As a Chicagoan (this week, anyway), I'm well aware that since the last time the Cubs won the World Series George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, and 90th birthdays.

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Archived