Will it ever fly?

glutes

This is name calling.

Ad hominem

Did I piss in your corn flakes at some point without knowing it? You are counting my posts (seriously?).

'tha fuck dude?

I'm not going to waste my time counting the shit you've posted and I'll not be replying again to your posts in this thread. I have no idea what you are trying to prove and don't care.

But, good luck with all that.

Did I piss in your corn flakes at some point without knowing it? You are counting my posts (seriously?).

'tha fuck dude?

I'm not going to waste my time counting the shit you've posted and I'll not be replying again to your posts in this thread. I have no idea what you are trying to prove and don't care.

But, good luck with all that.

Just an observation that the Max account deleted the post I quoted, then created a new post removing the text I quoted.

Paraphrase the first post in this thread and see what comments follow...

"The Boeing 787 737 has become a PR nightmare for Boeing, I also think a financial catastrophe at the end of the day. Having just announced another delay yesterday after saying it was going to" be back in the air by the end of the year. The aviation engineering experts on the massage blog forum must have known that Boeing Execs were bullshitting them...

It's a free country. I've purchased BA shares (details of prices in prior posts) and I'd encourage anyone who disagrees to take short positions on the stock. Place your bets! Haters are gonna' hate and I'm certainly not trying to prop up the share price.

I'd like to buy more at a discount.

Yes and DFW-SYD doesn't work with 744. I think the 788, 789 and 77W have the range but apparently the passenger/cargo mix works for the A380.

Yep, when QF started flying SYD-DFW they used a 744, that worked outbound but they had a technical stop in BNE on the return flight. 788/9 would work, they begin BNE-ORD with that equipment next year and already fly PER-LHR,

My question was sarcasm. If this bird is just about to fly again, why in the world is Silk finding a place to store their aircraft now?

Icelandair’s five Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes will be flown to Toulouse, France for storage this week. Ironically, the southern French destination is the headquarters for Boeing arch-rival Airbus.

https://simpleflying.com/icelandair-737-max-storage/?utm_source=Bibblio

LUV is in the air!

"Boeing made a calculated decision to rush a re-engined aircraft to market to secure its single-aisle market share and prioritize its bottom line,'' the lawsuit says. "In doing so, Boeing abandoned sound design and engineering practices, withheld critical safety information from regulators and deliberately mislead its customers, pilots and the public about the true scope of design changes to the 737 MAX.''

Scathing Luv!

Edited by Oaktown

By WSJ

Andy Pasztor and

Andrew Tangel

Oct. 8, 2019 5:30 am ET

Boeing Co. BA -1.93% ’s delay-prone effort to return 737 MAX jets to service has hit a new snag, according to people familiar with the details, due to heightened European safety concerns about portions of proposed fixes to flight-control systems.

Disagreements over various software details, centered on how the MAX’s dual flight-control computers are now intended to start working together, haven’t been reported before. The issue could prolong final vetting of the anticipated changes and may prompt European regulators to withhold their full support when the Federal Aviation Administration ultimately allows the planes back in the air, these people said.

What frightens me is that all along, Boeing insisted that the 737 MAX was safe to fly. It clearly was not. So how in the world should or could anyone believe them now when they state they are "updating the system to make it less powerful while it will install a modified version when the Max returns to service."

Well we know our Max loves his name sake, but this German woman carries airplane love to a new standard:

A woman says she’s been in a five year relationship with the love of her life - a passenger jet she calls 'darling'.

Michele Köbke, 30, from Berlin, Germany considers herself in a relationship with the Boeing 737-800. Michele says she’s been in love with the aircraft for five years and their relationship is very much physical.

She said: “The 737-800 is very attractive and sexy to me. He’s the most beautifully built, and he’s a very attractive and elegant aircraft.”

She even nicknamed the 737-800 “Schatz” which translates into “Darling”.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-five-year-relationship-boeing-20564278

Well we know our Max loves his name sake, but this German woman carries airplane love to a new standard:

A woman says she’s been in a five year relationship with the love of her life - a passenger jet she calls 'darling'.

Michele Köbke, 30, from Berlin, Germany considers herself in a relationship with the Boeing 737-800. Michele says she’s been in love with the aircraft for five years and their relationship is very much physical.

She said: “The 737-800 is very attractive and sexy to me. He’s the most beautifully built, and he’s a very attractive and elegant aircraft.”

She even nicknamed the 737-800 “Schatz” which translates into “Darling”.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-five-year-relationship-boeing-20564278

On the upside, it seems harmless to others and it makes her happy. On the downside, she's just "plane" nuts.

This massive problem hovering over Boeing has affected it's stock price very little. Prior to the crashes it was somewhere around $370 per share and now it's even a bit higher, Even though there is "potentially" billions in lawsuit settlements if found liable, is this company so diversified (and huge) that investors still hold it with confidence???

Boeing took a $5B charge last quarter to account for some of these costs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/07/18/boeing-takes-billion-revenue-hit-compensate-max-customers/

The grounding has had a paradoxic effect for many airlines. By limiting new ASK, ticket prices (and profits) have been higher.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/grounding-the-737-max-eases-turbulence-for-airlines/2019/09/07/c90e9060-d1d4-11e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html

Predicting the future is hard, no way to know what the impact on share price will ultimately be. Certainly impossible to know in the short term.

This massive problem hovering over Boeing has affected it's stock price very little. Prior to the crashes it was somewhere around $370 per share and now it's even a bit higher, Even though there is "potentially" billions in lawsuit settlements if found liable, is this company so diversified (and huge) that investors still hold it with confidence???

I was thinking the same thing. It came down to 330 I think, now it is 370+. Maybe they have ironclad insurance??

Boeing Co. has been working on a fix that has been delayed several times. Mr. Juniac last week said airlines expect the fleet to remain idled at least 10 to 12 more weeks and he urged regulators to act in concert to return the plane to the air. Tim Clark, president of Emirates Airline, said he expects the MAX may still not be flying world-wide in late December.

Tim Clark was right, back in June 3, 2019!

(Would love to get his current read)

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2019/10/15/no-u-s-airline-plans-to-fly-the-boeing-737-max.html

It's beginning to look as if there was a cover-up that cost a whole lot of people their lives, and that perhaps those responsible for any cover-up should/could end-up in jail for criminal negligence at the very least?

Profits over people...

Boeing Co., the maker of the grounded 737 Max jet, knew for "some months" about messages between two employees in which one of them expressed serious concerns about the troubled craft, officials said.

But the company delayed handing over the communications to federal regulators investigating the key flight-control system on its jet following two deadly crashes, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.

The communication was an instant message chat between two employees in 2016, according to a copy obtained by NBC News.

Mark Forkner, the Max's chief technical pilot, told a colleague there were problems with the jet and that, "I basically lied to the regulators (unknowingly)."

He went on to describe his own difficulty in handling the craft.

"I'm leveling off at like 4000 ft, 230 knots and the plane is trimming itself like crazy (sic)," Forkner wrote, using the flight term for adjusting aerodynamic forces so that the plane maintains a set altitude. "I'm like WHAT?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boeing-knew-some-months-about-dangers-737-max-officials-said-n1068821

Oct 19 (Reuters) - Boeing Co's <BA.N> board of directors and top executives from its airplanes division and supply chain were due to meet on Sunday in San Antonio, Texas, two days after the U.S. planemaker was plunged into a fresh crisis over its banned 737 MAX jet.

Boeing took a $5B charge last quarter to account for some of these costs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/07/18/boeing-takes-billion-revenue-hit-compensate-max-customers/

The grounding has had a paradoxic effect for many airlines. By limiting new ASK, ticket prices (and profits) have been higher.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/grounding-the-737-max-eases-turbulence-for-airlines/2019/09/07/c90e9060-d1d4-11e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html

Predicting the future is hard, no way to know what the impact on share price will ultimately be. Certainly impossible to know in the short term.

Hey Max, you better get ready for the axe!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7592497/Boeing-board-meet-Texas-scrutiny-intensifies-sources.html#comments

I've done it before, here I go again, posting tangentially related things, although in this case it's a) in keeping with the 'Will it ever fly' subject of the thread and b) featuring the aircraft type that the thread started on. So, to QF7879 JFK-SYD that flew over the weekend.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/qantas-project-sunrise-sydney/