Caption this !

EXPAT
This topic is 5507 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right click on the red X.... then click on properties.. u can cut and paste it into your browser and viola--- u get the pic.. (yea, yea, a lot of work, but I was bored)..

my response.."the gay version of I feel like chicken tonite, like chicken tonite"

or.." I don't understand all this talk about getting drunk and getting a headache...all i ever get when i get drunk is a butt ache"

I really should be ashamed of myself for stealing this thread!

http://hades.passedoutphotos.com/content/812/resized/passedout-photos-1219293880-83060.jpg?1236411183

Reminds me of the morning I found my sophmore roommate passed out clutching the toilet. That guy could consume an extraordinary quantity of purple Jesus. :)

Is Purple Jesus a universally known drink and by that name? I well remember it from my college days as PGA + grape juice, sometimes other things or substitutions but the main recipe was as listed above. We had a source from a lab that really was PGA. This product was the distilled version + they refined it to get the last little bit of water out and it really was 200 proof or 100% alcohol. That is what the lab required and they bought it by the gallon (naturally with no alcohol tax). A cheap party by any name. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

Before anyone gets any bright ideas about drinking "pure" lab alcohol...

The "alcohol" in many labs has been "denatured". That is the ethanol

has been intentionally contaminated, usually with a toxic alcohol like

methanol, to make it undrinkable. This allows them to avoid paying steep

alcohol taxes in many places. This also allows them to avoid local/state/federal

laws concerning the buying/selling/storage of ethanol. When a lab does

have true 100% pure ethanol, it is usually very tightly controlled.

Just be aware that many times the "pure alcohol", turns out to be denatured alcohol.

In case you're wondering...methanol ingestion can lead to blindness and death.

Cheers!

I first encountered Purple Jesus in 1968 accompanying said roommate to the Camden Races in Camden County, S.C. Since then I've associated the drink with rich upper class college boys hell bent on getting puking drunk. My roomie wasn't the only one passed out that morning; he had just established ownership of the toilet bowl by right of adverse possession. :rolleyes: The formula was store bought grain alcohol (160 proof) mixed with Welch's grape juice to taste served in water glasses over ice. I'm sure if they could have gotten access to 200 proof PGA, they would have been delighted. I recall it as kind of nasty but certainly a cheap drunk. :p I think that, at least in the Southeast, it was a fairly well known college age drink. I can't imagine it being served as cocktail in a bar. :D

Thanks for what I am sure could be good advice. I am positive that the alcohol we used was pure 100% alcohol. This alcohol was used in scientific experiments and was indeed pure ethanol. I have a "preserved" brain to prove it. :)

Naturally anyone should be sure of their sources for any thing they might ingest. In my case, I knew personally the PHd candidate that was supplying the "booze". AND, he was among the many drinkers thereof.

Best regards,

KMEM

Thanks MsGuy for your explanation. We weren't rich or upper class students but we knew how to have a good time. We made it by the gallon with the above mentioned PGA which was cut several times with not only the "purple" mixer but also water. It was very potent indeed.

Best regards,

KMEM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0BFAccYHhOA/SgZ9D4czjvI/AAAAAAAAF5Q/cY7LDup_dfU/s720/1654810134646552501.jpg

Hoping to show off his new webcam and

impress the cute girl he met on line,

Ryan asks his friends to write

"I love Cathy" on his back.

KMEM, the Camden Races is a steeple chase event patronized by S. Carolina upper crust types like my roommate. That probably distorted my view of Purple Jesus. Me, I'm a Mid-South small town boy myself. My kind gets drunk on beer and bourbon.

By the way, they made PJ by the gallon too but the only water in a Camden Purple Jesus comes from the melting ice cubes. I'd say that offsets the lack of 200 proof PGA.

[see I told you I'd remember how to spell your handle! :D]

Caption:

I thought someone wrote "Kick Me" on my back and I couldn't understand why everyone was shoving their "finger" up my ass.

Archived