Gas Prices in Your area, Let's hear about it.

Talvin DeMachio
This topic is 956 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Wetnwildbear

Thats cheap!!!!!!!!!

I paid $2.79/gallon in Memphis yesterday at Costco.

I paid $3.19 in Philly today for Reg - I usually use mid-grade

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the gas station around the corner from my place in Brussels

1,548 Euros/litre for Eurosuper 98

source: http://www.carbu.be/station_details.php?a=aWQ9MjM3NiZjYXJidXJhbnRfdHlwZT0xJnNwb25zb3I9JnRyaT1wcml4JmRpc3BsYXk9JmNoZWNrZWQ9

1 gallon = 3.785 litre

Convert EUR/USD http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

1.548 Euros = 2.049 US Dollar

3.785 litre @ $2.049 = 7.76

So after conversion I paid $7.76 a gallon (which is just a few cents higher than what I payed back in 2006)

This has to be the longest running thread on the Message Board. I'm still waiting for Talvin to show up at an area gas station near me checking prices.

It's kind of a fun and illustrative thread, though. In late 2001, gas prices were captured at $1.28 and today we're over $3.00.

Where else can you see a 200% increase in just 10 years?

Sometimes it's fun to just watch life as it happens around you, and sometimes it takes a diary (like this thread).

So after conversion I paid $7.76 a gallon (which is just a few cents higher than what I payed back in 2006)[/color]

Thank you Steven. Americans don't hear enough of the reality that other world citizens live every day. They're too busy being ugly Americans. :(

Guest Ryaan_Morgan

Gotta love the holidays....Here in NC gas prices were up to $3.24 right before New Years for the regular and now its down to $2.90

It's kind of a fun and illustrative thread, though. In late 2001, gas prices were captured at $1.28 and today we're over $3.00.

Where else can you see a 200% increase in just 10 years?

Sometimes it's fun to just watch life as it happens around you, and sometimes it takes a diary (like this thread).

having never hit this thread before, i went to see what it was about. i sat here, shocked, realizing that Talvin was paying a dollar-something just over the river in arlington, va! i knocked my keys to the floor, and as i picked them up, i glanced up at the year of his post (i was on my way out to an arlington shell station).

you're right, Deej, sometimes it's fun to watch life as it happens around you, and sometimes it takes a dairy (right, PurpleKow?)

who knew gas could be so much fun?

There's also these...

I'm enjoying all the geographic references and finding out which areas of the country our members reside, but if anyone's interested there's also this and this both of which I've found quite helpful for hunting down gas price bargains.

YMMV

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
I just paid $3.19 for regular unleaded at Valero and Chevron is $3.29 in mid-city San Diego. Down the hill in Mission Valley, it costs $3.69.

As I drove from downtown San Diego through Mission Valley and Hemet to Palm Springs, I saw those three different prices. Crazy!