folsom street fair 2024

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

Motel 6? Seriously?

That would be a normal reaction, but I was shocked in a pleasant way how nice the most expensive room was. This was approximately 5 years ago, and the weather the night I was there was beyond atrocious, so I was holed up in it, having to cancel my massage and not get to do hot naked yoga. 

It is within walking distance of Folsom, although my idea of walking distance and others may be a vast one. 

On 5/22/2024 at 4:17 AM, poolboy48220 said:

back in 2010 I stayed at Beck's Motor Lodge on Market Street.  A friend described it as the local no-tell motel, but I got what was called a Fireplace Room, if I remember correctly, and it was inexpensive and nice. 

I booked a room at Beck's Motor Lodge in March of 2023.  ...checked in and virtually abhorred my room.  I couldn't adjust the heating system to make the room warm.  The decor was atrocious; the bedding lame, and...  Because of my dissatisfaction, I packed my bags and went to the registration area and expressed my concerns.  I asked if I would not be charged for the night; fortunately, the attendant behind the desk responded that he would NOT charge me.

Since my wishes had been honored, I chose NOT to write a negative review at Booking.com, the site where I'd booked and the place where the photos for this venue are enticing.  Price wise I did not find this hotel to be lower than some of the better hotels where I've stayed.

14 hours ago, Axiom2001 said:

I booked a room at Beck's Motor Lodge in March of 2023.  ...checked in and virtually abhorred my room.  I couldn't adjust the heating system to make the room warm.  The decor was atrocious; the bedding lame, and...  Because of my dissatisfaction, I packed my bags and went to the registration area and expressed my concerns.  I asked if I would not be charged for the night; fortunately, the attendant behind the desk responded that he would NOT charge me.

Since my wishes had been honored, I chose NOT to write a negative review at Booking.com, the site where I'd booked and the place where the photos for this venue are enticing.  Price wise I did not find this hotel to be lower than some of the better hotels where I've stayed.

I was there in early October, it was warm enough that I didn't have the heat on.  I'm not one to worry about decor; the room was large and clean. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been to Folsom since well before covid, 

Not sure if it's still there, but there was a Holiday Inn at Civic center that was nice for a holiday inn and easy walk to folsom that I stayed at a long time ago.

My go to hotel used to be Parc 55, since I have status with Hilton and was an easy walk (I like to walk though) or two subway stops away.   But I heard that Union Square is going downhill big time.

I prefer Dore Alley to Folsom anymore   Dore is what Folsom used to be like.   Last time I went to Folsom, we encountered a few people pushing baby carriages down the street and and there was the religious right filimng some of the booths, and they had to clean it up a little.    

Its nothing like the ,leather event it used to be 

On 5/21/2024 at 8:21 AM, Lucky said:

Motel 6? Seriously?

Now that the Hostel isn't an option, thanks covid, I often stay at the Motel 6 in Mammoth during last minute BIG STORM snowboarding trips.  It's not bad, especially if you're not traveling with others because there's no atmosphere and you don't need any, you're alone!

Edited by Rod Hagen