Now Available on RM

I have several guys saved as buddies/favorites on rentmen and often see many of them show up as “available for the next X hours” at 2, 3, or 4am. Is that odd or are they really seeing clients at those hours? Do you guys consider that a red flag at all?  It does give me pause and makes me reconsider whether I want to see them. Thanks and appreciate any feedback!

It's probable they set the available flag on their account in case they can get an interested client who is looking at that moment.  After all if they're up and not otherwise occupied, they might get a little extra income out of it.  They could also be outside of your time zone, and showing available at 3am is not so unreasonable in their local time.

I don't see it as a red flag, unless I happen reach out and they're non-responsive.  Some guys prefer to take clients on short notice, others prefer more planning.

Yeah, but I've encountered providers who don't honor that label.

One time, I had to finish a work project, and didn't complete it until like 3 a.m. on a Saturday morning, so I found a young guy marked "Available Now" on RM and texted him. He got huffy with me, claiming I woke him up, and saying he'd only do an overnight with a deposit of several hundred. I blocked him, and haven't tried to hire someone that late again (unless I could schedule it in advance).

Conversely. I've encountered 3 or 4 providers in the last few weeks, one moments ago, marked as available during "regular hours" who respond that they're booked up or don't respond until hours later. Nothing wrong in the interaction, I just find the label unreliable.

I agree that the label is unreliable e.g. if the provider posts available for the next six hours and then gets booked, they seldom take down the post (I do not recall noticing that ever being done) even though a good deal of that time they are not available and even after they have finished with the first client they may not wish to move on with a new one until a suitable refresher period has passed. But the original post asked if indicating availability at 2,3 or 4 am was a warning sign and I pose it is not in and of itself one.

Its accuracy as a search tool is 50/50.
The design of AVAILABLE NOW is not for the benefit of Clients. Its design is for Providers. It allows for AN to come up on the profile without GPS confirmation. A guy with premium placement who listed his travel locations in the profile and activated AN in his current, will automatically show up as AN in searches in every location listed, simultaneously.

Advance Advertising, not Client Services.