Barcelona 2024

Thomas_Belgium

On 4/27/2024 at 3:32 PM, newdad said:

The beaches in Barcelona are accessible for everyone. Hence, you can't do gay stuff.

I disagree with your reasoning @newdad. Yes, the beaches are used by everyone but I’d say that means that the prevailing ethos is “Live and Let Live” 

The beach in Barceloneta, close to the W Hotel, is popular with gay men, lesbians, trans people etc and nudity is unremarkable. (That does NOT mean that people have sex on the beach).

I’ve often gone there with my boyfriend (who is a younger muscleboy) and we might kiss and cuddle as part of lying in the sun together. No-one would object. The Spanish set great store by discretion and it would be seen as seriously uncool to take issue with the PDA or nudity of others.

Equally I’ve been with my boyfriend to other beaches in BCN and visited seasonal beach bars (chiringuitos) to eat and drink - there is a relaxed atmosphere and gay couples are very welcome.

6 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

I disagree with your reasoning @newdad. Yes, the beaches are used by everyone but I’d say that means that the prevailing ethos is “Live and Let Live” 

The beach in Barceloneta, close to the W Hotel, is popular with gay men, lesbians, trans people etc and nudity is unremarkable. (That does NOT mean that people have sex on the beach).

I’ve often gone there with my boyfriend (who is a younger muscleboy) and we might kiss and cuddle as part of lying in the sun together. No-one would object. The Spanish set great store by discretion and it would be seen as seriously uncool to take issue with the PDA or nudity of others.

Equally I’ve been with my boyfriend to other beaches in BCN and visited seasonal beach bars (chiringuitos) to eat and drink - there is a relaxed atmosphere and gay couples are very welcome.

thanks for sharing. Yes, that makes total sense. I found luck in Sitges personally moreso than Barcelona beaches, so my experience is biased.