"Next page" working differently

poolboy48220

I've noticed lately when browsing the forum, when I click "next page", it takes me to the bottom of the next page.  I think it's taking you to the same place you were on the page when you clicked (which for me, is normally at the bottom).  Anyone else seeing this, or bothered by it?

Edited by poolboy48220

That is not how it is working for me. When I click “next page” it takes me to the first post on the next page. I have no idea why it is doing that to you. Have you tried a different browser or device?.

I just tried Firefox, which I haven't used in a couple years, still happening.  If it's cache it should disappear eventually, right?  For clarity, it's only happening on the list of threads; it doesn't happen when going to the next page within a thread.

I just checked from my phone by going to the Deli.  There is “Next” buttons at both the top and bottom of the topic lists. I could not replicate this on either next button. I stay positioned at either the top or bottom of the page. I’ll check from my laptop later to see if I can replicate it, but I’m traveling to Columbus, OH for work today. 

@poolboy48220 I've had a chance to try to replicate this from my laptop and could not replicate it.  I went to random forums (Deli and Movies) and clicked on the "Next" links at both the top and bottom of the topic lists and could not reproduce the issue.  I did force a rebuild of the site JS files so I'm hoping it would make your device force load a new copy.  

I am still having the same problem.  Even after initially clearing the problem by clearing my Firefox cache. It's doing the same thing again today.

When you read ( or scroll ) to the bottom of the Topics page and hit the NEXT at the bottom of the page, it takes you to the very bottom of the next page and the end of "recent activity" on Android.

It takes me to the bottom of the Topics page on my PC laptop.  Both using Firefox browser.

Edited by pubic_assistance
additional

13 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Don't know. Firefox is my go-to browser.

Can you try with a different browser?  I can’t replicate this on anything I try… desktop, mobile, etc. I’m trying to find a way to narrow this issue further. 

33 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

Does this only happen on mobile for you?

No. If I log in on my PC laptop, and log in via Google, it takes me to the BOTTOM of the page, instead of the top of the page  when I click on NEXT from the bottom of the page I just read.

Ok. I’ll keep an eye on this, but until I can find a way to replicate this… it will be difficult to try and fix. Out of curiosity, does this happen if you change themes?

I found a topic on the official IPB support forums regarding some users having issues with pagination in specific types of views.  I've applied a recommended patch for it.  Does this issue still occur?  (You MAY need to clear your cache again.  I just applied it at 12:30 PM ET.)