Provider has 3 reviews on RM, but no reviews elsewhere. Will you hire?

Go to solution Solved by rvwnsd,

Provider has 3 five-star reviews on RM. However, he has no reviews elsewhere in the web. He has a 411 thread here in our forum, but it's pretty blank. 

He's in the Southeast Asia area (Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, etc)

How likely are you to hire this guy? Or would you nope out?

Edited by newdad

The fact that the provider is overseas in Asia puts a much different spin on this question.  If you were asking in general, assuming the provider was local to me or at least in the same country, I might be inclined to give a provider with a small number of reviews a try.  I've done it before with no issues.

Are you in the region where this provider is based, or travelling there?  Given that RM less used overseas, I wouldn't be surprised by the lack of reviews.  He may advertise in other local resources, but I think reviews are more of a "US/Euro" thing and relatively unique to RM and CoM.

If I were in the region or planning to travel there relatively soon, and his profile indicated he is accustomed to dealing with entertaining vistors, I might be inclined to contact him to see if a meeting could be arranged.  That would depend on the country since the local circumstances (safety, legality, etc) vary greatly.  

I wouldn't consider hiring someone to travel to me from overseas, due to the risks involved with immigration.

Edited by DynamicUno

My two cents. Try to find out if there are other venues for then to advertise in Asia where they are. RM is not that popular in all countries, as there are other websites and means of advertising, especially in Asian countries where there seems to be an entire economy around this type of service. Try finding local info online and see if there are other websites.

4 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

My two cents. Try to find out if there are other venues for then to advertise in Asia where they are. RM is not that popular in all countries, as there are other websites and means of advertising, especially in Asian countries where there seems to be an entire economy around this type of service. Try finding local info online and see if there are other websites.

What other websites are there in addition to RM? I searched their RM name but there was not much results other RM.

• Solution

@newdad, you might want to review the reviewers' RM profiles and pay particular attention to the date they signed up and other reviews they have left. If a guy has been a long-term member, he is likely more reliable than one who joined just a few days prior to the review.

• 2 weeks later...