Seattle teacher tells students it's offensive to identify as straight!

marylander1940

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Ian Golash, the social studies department chair at Chief Sealth International High School, was slammed by a parent claiming he singled out her 15-year-old son.

OP note: Stupid! Does he privately think most of us are crooked? 

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Ian Golash, the social studies department chair at Chief Sealth International High School, was slammed by a parent claiming he singled out her 15-year-old son.

OP note: Stupid! Does he privately think most of us are crooked? 

Sadly, most of my professors in liberal arts classes started to require these type of responses from me too as as time went on.  I couldn't even say men/women, etc.  Upon completion of my master's degree, I deleted and discarded my portfolio of work from my degree.  My work contained too much language that I did not support, but felt required to include to appease the professors to get passing grades.

On a lighter note, my co-worker and I were recently talking about a recent trip.   She said "Oh, you flew straight to New York".  I replied, "No, they let me fly gay".  She paused to think about what I said and then laughed.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

2 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Sadly, most of my professors in liberal arts classes started to require these type of responses from me too as as time went on.  I couldn't even say men/women, etc.  Upon completion of my master's degree, I deleted and discarded my portfolio of work from my degree.  My work contained too much language that I did not support, but felt required to include to appease the professors to get passing grades.

Weird!

Is like walking on eggshells. 

9 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

So long as I can continue to purchase "Parking In Rear" signs at select stores, I think we're all going to be okay.

I'm sure someone will say that's politically incorrect or offensive... Too much sensitivity nowadays. Some High schools are even thinking about getting rid of gym classes because out of shape kids could feel embarrassed. 

10 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I always understood it was "straight" in the front or around the back if you're "bent". (British)

So far no one dislikes the terms hetero or heterosexual although some might have an issue spelling it. 

11 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I'm sure someone will say that's politically incorrect or offensive... Too much sensitivity nowadays. Some High schools are even thinking about getting rid of gym classes because out of shape kids could feel embarrassed. 

So far no one dislikes the terms hetero or heterosexual although some might have an issue spelling it. 

and people would need to know the difference between 'hetero' and 'homo', which might be a challenge for some people these days