Favorite Scotch?

17 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Laphraueg

IMG_6897.jpeg

Never found this age in a bar to sample nor had the will to drop the cash for a bottle of my own. I've had the celebrated 18-year version and found the finish smoother than younger ones, but not $40 more a bottle smoother. So, I'm hesitant to drop $700 for the 25-year. How does it compare to the 18, can you say?

21 hours ago, wsc said:

Never found this age in a bar to sample nor had the will to drop the cash for a bottle of my own. I've had the celebrated 18-year version and found the finish smoother than younger ones, but not $40 more a bottle smoother. So, I'm hesitant to drop $700 for the 25-year. How does it compare to the 18, can you say?

There’s a bar in Chapel Hill Nc: Crunkletons on Franklin~ An amazing place and really fun to chat with the owner~ They used to have it there:

THECRUNKLETON.COM

Signature cocktails and an unrivaled collection of curated spirits are served with style and finesse at The Crunkleton. Visit in...

On 1/1/2024 at 12:45 PM, wsc said:

Do you mean the Douglas Laing old mill keg 18~? 
 What I enjoy about these aged laphroaig’s  is their peetiness, soft woody warmth and the casual if not lazy fruit that comes from the port and Madeira casks~   … and the color~    
 Half the pleasure is savoring the aroma before you sip it, as it hits the various goal posts in your mouth and that initial inhale and exhale between breaths~  So, taste plus multiple senses experience~   
 Not something to get drunk on… something to appreciate and experience~ Slowly… and together~ Great when sharing kisses~ 

So, several mentioned here I’ve yet to try; I think I have my New Year’s resolutions.

6 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Do you mean the Douglas Laing old mill keg 18~? 
 What I enjoy about these aged laphroaig’s  is their peetiness, soft woody warmth and the casual if not lazy fruit that comes from the port and Madeira casks~   … and the color~    
 Half the pleasure is savoring the aroma before you sip it, as it hits the various goal posts in your mouth and that initial inhale and exhale between breaths~  So, taste plus multiple senses experience~   
 Not something to get drunk on… something to appreciate and experience~ Slowly… and together~ Great when sharing kisses~ 

100% agree.  Any time I have a peaty single malt it hits so many senses at once and somehow transports me to the beautiful island of Islay.  And like you say, it's not something to get drunk on.  But sadly and pathetically, I'll have to take your word about it being great when sharing kisses!

On 12/31/2023 at 6:27 PM, BobPS said:

Johnny Walker Red or Dewars depending upon which one is priced lower at Ralphs.

I have been following the same practice; recently Johnny Walker Red switched from glass to plastic bottles, so I am protesting by not buying 🤬.

12 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

100% agree.  Any time I have a peaty single malt it hits so many senses at once and somehow transports me to the beautiful island of Islay.  And like you say, it's not something to get drunk on.  But sadly and pathetically, I'll have to take your word about it being great when sharing kisses!

You can also share kisses with baileys or just raspberries or jaggermister~ …or tea of orange bliss water, mint and sumac syrup~ 

21 minutes ago, Tygerscent said:

You can also share kisses with baileys or just raspberries or jaggermister~ …or tea of orange bliss water, mint and sumac syrup~ 

I guess I could kiss a raspberry.  That might be somewhat more realistic than my pillow.

Edited by CuriousByNature