Madonna postpones US - Boston / Seattle tour dates

Ali Gator

@encyclopediamadonnica Madonna is postponing her Boston shows, 1/8 and 1/9. No reason has been given. Sorry to those with tickets, but sounds like it will be made up. Same apparently goes for Seattle. There's no reason given, so could have to do with just about anything — I know she has three ailing family members, for one thing. She seemed beyond sturdy throughout the tour, so barring anything sudden (COVID, etc.), it's probably not her health. Let's hope she's fine and will get back into the you know what. As for the "HERE WE GO AGAIN fans," you're just — you know.

Apparently she has also postponed Miami and Atlanta. However, these postponements have not been updated on her website, and I can't find an 'official link' - but this is what is being discussed on some of her message forums.  The reason being given is that ticket sales for all four cities (Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston)  have been 'underperforming'.  Stay tuned if this is all true...

Edited by Ali Gator

That's pretty bad. Opening acts should be 30 minutes, tops. If more locations have strict curfews, this nonsense ceases to happen. I do remember Willie Nelson being told when he was to stop, and said to the crowd he'll stop when he's ready, & played over 1 hour longer - to huge cheers. That venue never booked him again.

13 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

A friend bought tickets to her NYC performance. Said the show was scheduled for 8:30pm and she didn't go on stage until 11:00pm.

Doesn't sound professional to me, but then I've never been a fan.

Someone should have just told her the show starts at 6:00pm then she would've been right on time!

14 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Said the show was scheduled for 8:30pm and she didn't go on stage until 11:00pm.

Doesn't sound professional to me

That tracks. Anyone familiar with MDNA knows her shows ALWAYS start late. I saw her in the mid 2010s and she started about two hours late. I agree it’s disrespectful to fans and utterly unprofessional, but that’s how she operates. Total diva.

14 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

That's pretty bad. Opening acts should be 30 minutes, tops. If more locations have strict curfews, this nonsense ceases to happen. I do remember Willie Nelson being told when he was to stop, and said to the crowd he'll stop when he's ready, & played over 1 hour longer - to huge cheers. That venue never booked him again.

There's no rules for opening acts. For example when  Patti Smith opened for U2 at Madison Square Garden, they gave her forty minutes

And when Judy Garland played the Palace in New York She had Two opening acts 1967. At her Christmas concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York,  Judy had  guests like Tony  Bennett and Liza Minnelli

She had. no opening acts at Boston Garden in October 1961.

However she was pure magic that  night 

Edited by WilliamM

On 12/30/2023 at 9:19 AM, Ali Gator said:

The reason being given is that ticket sales for all four cities (Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston)  have been 'underperforming'.  Stay tuned if this is all true...

That's likely not true.  Unfounded internet message board gossip runneth rampant.

If you look at the official ticket channels- as well as resellers like StubHub- it's clear there isn't a huge inventory left for face-value seats.

She's not selling as quickly as say Swift or Beyonce, but for a pop icon her age, she's doing pretty damn well.  

Well the two shows in Boston did indeed take place on January 8/9 putting to rest the suggestion she would cancel those and other shows.  The attached setlist from the 9th suggests not much has changed since she opened the tour in the UK.

WWW.SETLIST.FM

Get the Madonna Setlist of the concert at TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA on January 9, 2024 from the The Celebration Tour and other Madonna Setlists for free on setlist.fm!

Haters gonna hate I guess.

5 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Well the two shows in Boston did indeed take place on January 8/9 putting to rest the suggestion she would cancel those and other shows.  The attached setlist from the 9th suggests not much has changed since she opened the tour in the UK.

WWW.SETLIST.FM

Get the Madonna Setlist of the concert at TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA on January 9, 2024 from the The Celebration Tour and other Madonna Setlists for free on setlist.fm!

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Excellent set list

On 12/30/2023 at 8:27 PM, pubic_assistance said:

A friend bought tickets to her NYC performance. Said the show was scheduled for 8:30pm and she didn't go on stage until 11:00pm.

She is being sued by Michael Fellows of Brooklyn and Jonathan Hadden of the Bronx for her Dec. 13 show at the Barclays Center starting late. Please tell me one of those guys is your friend! 🤣

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/concertgoers-sue-madonna-over-show-starting-late/ar-AA1nbOUn?OCID=ansmsnnews11

She has faced similar lawsuits as well in the past.

Edited by BuffaloKyle

One of the reasons I decided, in the end, not to attend her Detroit concert on Monday is her lousy timekeeping in getting her shows started.   As others have already stated, it’s really disrespectful to fans.  

She wasn’t always like this. I saw the Girly Show, Drowned World, and Confessions concerts and they all started roughly on time. The late starts seemed to commence with the Sticky and Sweet tour. I saw that show in Houston and it started over two hours late. All of her tours since then have had these issues.  It’s not right…and I’m a Madonna fan saying this.  

clever writing by this reporter.....

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

She didn't get on stage until after 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 13, 2023, leaving concertgoers with"limited public transportation, limited ride-sharing" options, the civil...

Edited by azdr0710

On 12/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, Ali Gator said:

@encyclopediamadonnica Madonna is postponing her Boston shows, 1/8 and 1/9. No reason has been given. Sorry to those with tickets, but sounds like it will be made up. Same apparently goes for Seattle. There's no reason given, so could have to do with just about anything — I know she has three ailing family members, for one thing. She seemed beyond sturdy throughout the tour, so barring anything sudden (COVID, etc.), it's probably not her health. Let's hope she's fine and will get back into the you know what. As for the "HERE WE GO AGAIN fans," you're just — you know.

Thanks for the updates about the world of entertainment!

h-fQrh.gif

On 12/30/2023 at 8:27 PM, pubic_assistance said:

I'm glad I saw this before starting a thread.

The world runs on schedules, fans also have lives, and sometimes can't afford a taxi late at night when the subway is not working. Be on time! Be professional!

WWW.BBC.COM

Two fans say the New York show started more than two hours late and did not end until after 01:00.