NBA 'looking into' Josh Giddey over claims of sex with minor

Ali Gator

"The NBA is doing its due diligence amid disturbing allegations surrounding Oklahoma City Thunder player Josh Giddey -- the league just announced it is "looking into" claims he had an inappropriate relationship with a minor.

TMZ Sports has confirmed the Association is aware of the rumors that have spread on social media this week ... with photos and videos alluding to Giddey being intimate with a high school girl.

Giddey was asked about the speculation at Thunder practice on Friday ... and he remained tight-lipped."

Damn ! He's cute ! 

WWW.TMZ.COM

The NBA is "looking into" disturbing allegations surrounding Oklahoma City Thunder player Josh Giddey.

On 11/24/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ali Gator said:

Giddey was asked about the speculation at Thunder practice on Friday ... and he remained tight-lipped."

Unfortunately for him, the girl allegedly gave a blow by blow (as it were) account on various social media platforms, of the goings on.

3 minutes ago, Becket said:

Unfortunately for him, the girl allegedly gave a blow by blow (as it were) account on various social media platforms, of the goings on.

She did, but she also admitted it was consensual. She never accused him of sexual assault or rape - she said she wanted to have sex with him, and agreed to everything. 

22 minutes ago, Ali Gator said:

She did, but she also admitted it was consensual. She never accused him of sexual assault or rape - she said she wanted to have sex with him, and agreed to everything. 

Any sexual encounter with a minor is rape as the law says they are too young to consent.

7 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

Any sexual encounter with a minor is rape as the law says they are too young to consent.

Yup. This is true.

Todays report says she and the family are "refusing to cooperate with police on the matter". So I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess that this chick probably exaggerated the details of the encounter.

Beyond that I DO think the California age of consent at 18 is a bit ridiculous. I was fucking my brains out at 14 with a 17 year old and by the time I was 15 she was 18 so technically she also was guilty of sexual misconduct. 

He was 20 and she was 16 (possibly 15) That's hardly the equivalent of child molesting. Most states put age of consent at 16...and he isn't that much older 

So seems much ado about nothing.

Edited by pubic_assistance

On 11/29/2023 at 6:47 AM, BuffaloKyle said:

He should have known better in his having supposedly had been involved with an underage individual (male/female).  Hope this alleged incident does NOT ruin his career.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2023 at 9:47 AM, BuffaloKyle said:

On 11/29/2023 at 5:34 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Beyond that I DO think the California age of consent at 18 is a bit ridiculous. I was fucking my brains out at 14 with a 17 year old and by the time I was 15 she was 18 so technically she also was guilty of sexual misconduct. 

He was 20 and she was 16 (possibly 15) That's hardly the equivalent of child molesting. Most states put age of consent at 16...and he isn't that much older 

So seems much ado about nothing.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, Axiom2001 said:

He should have known better in his having supposedly had been involved with an underage individual (male/female).  Hope this alleged incident does NOT ruin his career.

3 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

image.png.54f8510f4ec13a2753e7bfa64999a546.png

I bet Josh would be GIDDY if the whole matter just went away.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

• 2 weeks later...

I know sports stars are not necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed, but the team ought to have some sort of program to teach these young men about avoiding these kinds of situations.  Whether she said yes, no or please do it immediately or I will yell rape, these guys are setting themselves up for financial ruin and the end of a lucrative career.  I would bet she told the truth but her silence now was bought and paid.  It seems that the team ought to have a team procurer, the man with the connections to hot willing to be paid for young ladies, or men, of legal age,  to keep their multimillion dollar investments happy on the silk sheets  and off the scandal sheets. 

Edited by purplekow

3 hours ago, purplekow said:

It seems that the team ought to have a team procurer, the man with the connections to hot willing to be paid for young ladies, or men, of legal age,  to keep their multimillion dollar investments happy on the silk sheets  and off the scandal sheets. 

Don't most corporations have a CTO - Chief Trafficking Officer?

It seems that the team ought to have a team procurer, the man with the connections to hot willing to be paid for young ladies, or men, of legal age,  to keep their multimillion dollar investments happy on the silk sheets  and off the scandal sheets. 

Ghislaine Maxwell could use a job. (too soon?)

Will there be a legal fund set up to handle pregnancies?

(I got a million of 'em...)

20 hours ago, samhexum said:

Will there be a legal fund set up to handle pregnancies?

(I got a million of 'em...)

Theoretically, professional sex workers are not looking to get pregnant  but even if some of them are, the percentage would likely be lower than the number of women looking for a steady paycheck for child support from a rich professional basketball player.  Professional athletes, but it seem professional basketball players in particular have been known to have large number of children by a wide variety of women.  Jason Kidd for example. 8 children with four different women.  Six by wives and 2 from outside dalliances.   

Edited by purplekow

55 minutes ago, purplekow said:

Professional athletes, but it seem professional basketball players in particular have been known to have large number of children by a wide variety of women.  Jason Kidd for example. 8 children with four different women.  Six by wives and 2 from outside dalliances.   

Heterosexual perverts! (or is that term repetitive?) No wonder they're called breeders.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:34 PM, samhexum said:

I'm glad to read this!

Considering it was consensual and the age difference, between the 2 of them wasn't even a decade I don't think judges should be concerned about this issue. I know the law is the law but in this day and age that's antiquated. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:42 AM, BuffaloKyle said:

The only way that will help him at all is if she refuses then to cooperate or testify against him.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:19 AM, Becket said:

On 11/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, Axiom2001 said:

On 11/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, pubic_assistance said:

He's Australian.

It probably never occurred to him that age of consent would be so old in California.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:09 AM, marylander1940 said:

kevinmcgarry-wcth.gif

On 1/3/2024 at 2:43 PM, samhexum said:

I bet Josh would be GIDDY if the whole matter just went away.

I bet Wander Franco wishes he was Josh Giddy right about now.