Well Hello Dolly

purplekow

At 77 years old, Dolly Parton had former Dallas Cowboy quarterback, and quite a nice stud, Tony Romo, drooling over her half time performance.  Dolly dressed in a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader uniform  sang several of her biggest hits and some other songs during the half time of the Washing Dallas Thanksgiving day football game.  Tony Romo, who was the color analyst for the game, had a definite  leer in his voice as he wide-eyedly commented about the show after the performance.  Dolly and the favorable camera angles which had her looking decades younger, made the show memorable.  If one watched carefully, you might note her holding onto half walls for support and there was an occasional angle that suggested that her real age, but all in all, Dolly and the girls filled out the cheerleader uniform with her signature breasts, a flat abdomen camouflaged a bit by a sparkling midriff sheer and quite shapely legs shown to perfection in the cheerleader short shorts.  

All in all, after this performance, Dolly at a future Super Bowl would not come as a surprise.  

Edited by purplekow

11 hours ago, sync said:

I think she is just great, but my prudishness thinks a little more modest attire would have lifted the tone a bit.  

You were in the paper the other day:

DEAR ABBY: I am a fairly laid-back mom of a wonderful 13-year-old daughter. Her friends are nice kids, but some of them dress pretty provocatively. I have seen them wear super-short shorts that are very “cheeky” and tops that really expose their assets.

We have been invited to a party at a friend’s home, and my daughter is allowed to bring a friend. The friend she has chosen to invite regularly dresses in very provocative attire, and I would feel more comfortable if I knew she was going to dress “appropriately” by my standards.

I don’t know what to do. Should I talk to the parents? (Cringe!) Ask my daughter to tell her friend what the dress code is and to convey “Wear something that doesn’t show your butt cheeks”? Or must I ignore it and hope for the best? — OVEREXPOSED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.

DEAR OVEREXPOSED: Many teenage girls let it all hang out in an effort to attract attention. I do not think you should talk to the girl’s mother because I don’t think your comments would be warmly welcomed. Instead, ask your daughter to talk to her friend and suggest that for THIS occasion, it would be better to cover up more than she usually does because the hosts are old-fashioned and can be judgmental — just like you.

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

You were in the paper the other day:

DEAR ABBY: I am a fairly laid-back mom of a wonderful 13-year-old daughter. Her friends are nice kids, but some of them dress pretty provocatively. I have seen them wear super-short shorts that are very “cheeky” and tops that really expose their assets.

We have been invited to a party at a friend’s home, and my daughter is allowed to bring a friend. The friend she has chosen to invite regularly dresses in very provocative attire, and I would feel more comfortable if I knew she was going to dress “appropriately” by my standards.

I don’t know what to do. Should I talk to the parents? (Cringe!) Ask my daughter to tell her friend what the dress code is and to convey “Wear something that doesn’t show your butt cheeks”? Or must I ignore it and hope for the best? — OVEREXPOSED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.

DEAR OVEREXPOSED: Many teenage girls let it all hang out in an effort to attract attention. I do not think you should talk to the girl’s mother because I don’t think your comments would be warmly welcomed. Instead, ask your daughter to talk to her friend and suggest that for THIS occasion, it would be better to cover up more than she usually does because the hosts are old-fashioned and can be judgmental — just like you.

You are mistaken, that wasn't me in the paper the other day.

I would not need Abby's inspiration to tell my daughter her friend's usual "putting it all out there" is a "no go" for this particular occasion.

Not her house, not her rules.

4 hours ago, samhexum said:

Regardless of whichever one you meant, I personally don't think any internal organ is beautiful.

ewww.gif

So you've never seen a sexy spleen, or a gorgeous gall bladder?  I've been told I have a medulla oblongata that could stop traffic.  And don't get me started about the lower lobe of my left lung.

Edited by CuriousByNature