Slowest and busiest times of the year for providers

socurious
Go to solution Solved by 56harrisond,

1 hour ago, socurious said:

Anybody?

It feels like the business is really slow here in NYC. But maybe it's just happening to me for not having one single review in my profile so far. 

Two things are happening. 

1) school is back in session. Your teachers (or people with kids) have less time to hire. Their weekends may be strained too. 

2) inflation and economic uncertainty. With inflation being high, people are starting to pull back on luxury services - do I really need to see that provider?

Usually I say things slow down in the summer and pick up in fall before the holidays, but there’s a general uncertainty about EVERYTHING in the economy right now. No one knows if rates will continue to rise, or if the fed will drop them. No one knows if we are headed towards a recession. No one knows if mass layoffs will happen. No one knows anything and they’re holding on to their money right now. 

I think it's back to school and work for most people once Labor Day came and went. Not many people go away on vacation at this time of year. Buffalo had a shit ton of visitors all summer and it all dried up these last couple weeks. It picks up a bit during the holidays with guys visiting family or friends they have here and then January - April is another dry time. I'm planning on stashing away cash all winter though so next summer can hire a ton more than I have. The last time though I saved up a pandemic happened. :classic_wacko:

Edited by BuffaloKyle

• 2 weeks later...

It's surely all those things affecting your business in NYC this month.  The locals (well, the ones with money) are coming back from their summer beach/country life and readjusting to city life (work ramping up, getting kids back to school, etc.) and dealing with the Jewish holidays.  Remember Jews make up 1 in 5 New Yorkers -- and probably 50% of the professional class -- which means we Gentiles are busy because half of our colleagues are missing.  Also, business travel, conferences and trade shows in NYC are scheduled away from those holidays and the NYC shitshow that is the UN General Assembly.  The economy is certainly having an impact, but October should be a better measure of your business.  

Good luck.