United Auto Workers strike and how it would affect the economy!

marylander1940

20 hours ago, augustus said:

That 25% is spread out over the life of the contract.  Barely keeps up with inflation unfortunately.  This inflation has wrecked the country.  

Better than nothing, right? 

I guess printing so much money in 2020 was a bad idea!

Next pandemic those who are old, have asthma or are overweight should stay home while everyone else works as usual. 

Edited by marylander1940

20 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

Next pandemic those who are old, have asthma or are overweight should stay home while everyone else works as usual. 

Which is what my Immunology-expert-friend told me way back in early 2020..but I got trounced when I shared this viewpoint by the know-it-alls who were more comfortable following the official lies.

And Toyota announced a big increase for their factory workers.

I remember one of my favorite college professors who was anti-union said companies should be like P&G and treat their employees fairly and take care of them but try to keep the unions out.   He mentioned P&G being non-union but a great company to work for if you were hardworking.   Sounds like Toyota is a similar type company.   

2 hours ago, augustus said:

Yes, you were right on the money!  I remember.  

Unfortunately we printed our way out of the pandemic in 2020 and now we're suffering the consequences of those actions.

Back to subject! This may not be over...

WWW.CNN.COM

Members of the United Auto Workers union are back on the job at General Motors, Ford and Stellantis. But the union’s leadership is already planning for the next strike...