Am I the only person who uses Siri?

8 hours ago, Blade9 said:

I use him all the time for information and directions.  I set mine to a male voice with an Irish accent.  Love listening to him speak.

B

image.png.4018b01f3595c08d33f1ce38a19534cb.png

About 2 years ago, I came across this 1987 Apple promo video, showing an iPad-like device that the user interacts with via a video avatar.   I decided to start using Siri since it's the future and all. I mainly use it often to dictate and send texts, to turn the volume down when I'm listening to music, and to interact with Maps.

Edited by FreshFluff

On 9/7/2023 at 11:27 AM, Unicorn said:

Last night, I was having dinner with four other people at an Italian restaurant which had some TV's around the room. I saw Roger Federer playing tennis on one of the TV's, and I said "That can't be a game going on now, can it? Roger Federer's got to be at least 40 years old! Any of you know how old he is?". When no one knew, I pulled out my phone and said "Hey, Siri. How old is Roger Federer?". Siri responded "Roger Federer is 42 years old." Everyone else at the table started to crack up laughing. "You're the only person who uses Siri," one said. Siri seems like a quick, easy way to get this kind of information. Is using Siri really that odd?

I use it all the time and now, following the recent update, one need not say “hey siri” any longer

Hey, Siri... What's the status of your cousin, who plays CF for the Rays?

• The Rays received good news yesterday regarding center fielder Jose Siri, according to MLB.com. Siri, who suffered a fractured right hand after being hit by a pitch earlier this month, underwent imaging earlier this week and received encouraging results, with manager Kevin Cash indicating that Siri could resume baseball activities as soon as today in an effort to return to the club this postseason. Siri has combined excellent outfield defense with a solid bat this season, slashing .222/.267/.494 with 25 home runs in 364 trips to the plate.

• 1 month later...