Anger builds in Spain as Rubiales refuses to stand down!

marylander1940

OP note: my only disagreement with the Me-Too movement is not picking the right fights! 

Let's have a fat ugly woman grab him and kiss him and see how he likes the unwanted display of affection, that should be his punishment!

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F5
APNEWS.COM

The president of the Spanish soccer federation has refused to resign despite the uproar he caused by kissing a player on the lips after the Women’s World Cup final.

If you want to see how much society has changed, watch old movies from the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's. Women were tougher back then and were not threatened by men. They could handle themselves if men got out of line.  Bozo is not advocating for sexual harassment, but I do think when things are innocent, they are innocent, and this clearly was. Kissing with a peck on the lips, grabbing the back of someone's head in celebration is cultural. It's not sexual. Women today are way too uptight, no wonder many are so unhappy. They are fed all this propaganda that in many ways is just dehumanizing people.

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

56 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

If you want to see how much society has changed, watch old movies from the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's. Women were tougher back then and were not threatened by men. They could handle themselves if men got out of line.  Bozo is not advocating for sexual harassment, but I do think when things are innocent, they are innocent, and this clearly was. Kissing with a peck on the lips, grabbing the back of someone's head in celebration is cultural. It's not sexual. Women today are way too uptight, no wonder many are so unhappy. They are fed all this propaganda that in many ways is just dehumanizing people.

BoZo

On 8/26/2023 at 2:23 AM, BSR said:

The victimhood industry in Spain is exploding with outrage over the kiss even though the alleged "victim" doesn't appear even slightly bothered by the kiss (open the tweet in X & click translate at the bottom to read in English).

An old fat woman should grab him and kiss him to see how much he likes it, that should be his punishment.

If you have no evidence or arguments, good thing you can always fall back on the eyeroll emoji.

While the castrating harridans try to whip this up into a case of monstrous sexual violation, Jenni Hermoso (the woman kissed) in her declaration to the governing bodies describes the act as:

... “gesto natural de cariño y agradecimiento”. ”Ha sido un gesto mutuo totalmente espontáneo por la alegría inmensa que da ganar un Mundial. El presi y yo tenemos una gran relación, su comportamiento con todas nosotras ha sido de diez y fue un gesto natural de cariño y agradecimiento. No se puede dar más vueltas a un gesto de amistad y gratitud, hemos ganado un Mundial y no vamos a desviarnos de lo importante."

Irene Montero, the Minister of Equality (yes, such a position exists in Spain), is under fire for making a federal case out of the Rubiales kiss because she has remained conspicuously silent about recent rape cases in which the perpetrators were illegal immigrants.  Her outrage is bafflingly selective.

7 hours ago, BSR said:

If you have no evidence or arguments, good thing you can always fall back on the eyeroll emoji...

I don't always agree with you, but I do here. Sometimes these things are a he said/she said situation, but this kiss was well-documented. It was clearly a celebratory kiss, and Jenni Hermoso was clearly seen hugging Luis Rubiales, so it was clearly consensual. If she didn't appreciate the kiss, she would have pushed him away. The legal phrase res ipsa loquitur applies here. The photos speak for themselves. It's similar to countless celebratory kisses we've seen throughout the years, at sports events and on awards shows such as the Oscars. 

Who is Luis Rubiales and what happened with Jenni Hermoso? | The Sun

Halle Berry Recalls That Adrien Brody Oscars Kiss

PDA Moments at the Oscars: Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck, & More – SheKnows

Scarlett Johansson defends John Travolta: Oscar kiss was 'sweet,' not  'creepy'

Photos from Oscars 2022: Candid Moments - E! Online

Christian Bale Makes Out With Big Short Director Adam McKay at Critics'  Choice: Watch!

I hope Rubiales sues (and wins) for defamation of character. Enough of this bullshit. Too many peoples' reputations are getting destroyed by this crap. His response to the demands he resign should be "¡Váyanse a la mierda!," or "Go fuck yourselves!". That, and "See you in court!".

14 hours ago, BSR said:

If you have no evidence or arguments, good thing you can always fall back on the eyeroll emoji.

Nice try, the conceit of thinking that others owe you a substantive response and when they refuse to engage with your arguments its because they have no argument to offer. Could it be that they refuse to do so because they know it's a waste of time? A response to a predictable claim about an issue, or to arguments that appear not to have been made in good faith could well be an eye roll or a simple comment of 'predictable' or 'what a tool'. Not that II would say that about you, of course! You don't get to determine what other say here, and it's presumptuous for you to think that you do or to infer anything from their silence.

Anyone who objectively watches the video The Kiss will see that it was given in a moment of complete euphoria, in full public view, lasted one second and nothing else happened.  What is wrong with people?  

Women, don't complain when men are no longer spontaneous and appear afraid of you.  Your sisters are to blame.  And when you become miserable Old Maids, well ha ha ha.

Edited by augustus

2 hours ago, augustus said:

Anyone who objectively watches the video The Kiss will see that it was given in a moment of complete euphoria, in full public view, lasted one second and nothing else happened.  What is wrong with people?  

Women, don't complain when men are no longer spontaneous and appear afraid of you.  Your sisters are to blame.  And when you become miserable Old Maids, well ha ha ha.

The feminists in Spain are foaming at the mouth over Rubiales' alleged "sexual violence" yet have chosen to remain conspicuously silent about ...

• All cases in which illegal immigrants rape, torture, and/or kill women and underage girls
  • Monica Oltra, the spokesperson for the Ministry of Equality, who allegedly covered up her ex-husband's sexual abuse of an underage girl
  • A group of underage girls in government foster care who were exploited as prostitutes

How heartwarming that Spanish feminists have their priorities in order.

13 hours ago, mike carey said:

Nice try, the conceit of thinking that others owe you a substantive response and when they refuse to engage with your arguments its because they have no argument to offer. Could it be that they refuse to do so because they know it's a waste of time? A response to a predictable claim about an issue, or to arguments that appear not to have been made in good faith could well be an eye roll or a simple comment of 'predictable' or 'what a tool'. Not that II would say that about you, of course! You don't get to determine what other say here, and it's presumptuous for you to think that you do or to infer anything from their silence.

At no point did @BSR state or imply that anyone "owed" him a substantive response. The implication I understood from his statement was that simply clicking an eye-roll is a brainless, lazy, and cowardly way of showing disagreement. Everyone has every right to display brainlessness, laziness, and cowardice! @BSR never said or implied otherwise. If there's a flaw in his argument, one should at least show one's mental capacity to figure out what the flaw is, and demonstrate the nature of the flaw, rather than simply boo and heckle. I think that this was the reasoning behind getting rid of that brainless and obnoxious "thumbs down" button. Nor did he say or imply that he got to "determine what others say here." In fact, I think he welcomes others chiming in, so that he might either respond--or change his mind. Of course, some members are more likely to change their minds than others. 

Being musically inclined, the beginning of your 2nd to last sentence had me belting out this beloved Mariachi tune:

Edited by Unicorn

On 8/28/2023 at 5:54 PM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

BoZo

This example is of scripted scenes when the women knew what was going to happen and had male directors giving them the instruction to act this way.  Not a fair comparison.

@augustus, @BSR, and @BOZO T CLOWN

I've watched the video of the kiss.  Even if innocent, it was not appropriate.  In the workplace, one employee doesn't spontaneously kiss another colleague on the lips to celebrate closing the biggest deal in the company's history.  This is no different - and it doesn't matter the gender of the two parties.

I had responsibility to sit on a jury in a rape trial where the victim didn't react when the act happened because she couldn't process at the time what was happening.  This happened so quickly, that the lack of reaction and even her placing her hands on him should no way be taken as an acceptance of the kiss.  And this was in front of a live audience both in the stadium and on television.  I'm sure this wasn't a scenario given to the team members that could happen with instructions on the proper protocol to stop it from happening.  Should she have slapped his face or kneed him in the groin?

The team member that was kissed has stated that she did not enjoy it and was embarrassed by it.  

3 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

...In the workplace, one employee doesn't spontaneously kiss another colleague on the lips to celebrate closing the biggest deal in the company's history...

Come on, now. Get real. This was not the board room at Spacely Sprokets closing a business deal with Space-X. It's completely irrational to state they're comparable. (I will agree, however, that some of @BSR's comparisons were also unfair). Anyone who's seen major wins at international sports competitions, or even at entertainment awards ceremonies, has seen ample spur-of-the-moment kisses of joy (and this was an emotional, not a sensual kiss) in these extraordinarily emotionally-charged events. This includes both differently-gendered and same-gendered participants.

Gymnast Nastia Liukin of the United States gets a kiss from her... News  Photo - Getty Images

Yevghenia Kanayeva, RUS, and coach Vera Stelbaums after apparatus final at  2011 Rhythmic Gymnastics

20121210__121211Caruso.jpg?w=620

october-7-2014-nanning-chinadanell-leyva-gets-a-good-luck-kiss-from-his-coach-and-father-yin-alvarez-before-he-competes-during-the-mens-team-final-competition-of-the-fig-artistic-gymnastics-world-championships-in-nanning-china-team-usa-won-the-bronze-medal-china-won-the-team-event-and-japan-took-silver-photo-by-melissa-j-perensoncsmsipa-usa-2EY3G6R.jpg

Hermoso clearly hugged Rubiales. It's a complete and utterly shameful distortion to say that she was just "placing her hands" on him. I find such distortions shocking. It's clear for anyone to see:

l_506125_054921_updates.jpg

The fact that, after her emotions cooled down, she may have regretted her decision is besides the point. Consent can be denied before, or during, any act, but not after. Almost everybody has done something he later regretted, obviously. Blaming others because of this regret, however, is contemptible. I don't know the facts of the case in which you were a juror. I would certainly hope that the case you ruled on was entirely different, in that there was firm evidence that there was essentially no chance the apparent victim didn't simply change her mind later. Otherwise, I find it disconcerting that you could go to bed each night without being bothered by the fact that you may have put an innocent man in the slammer, labeled a sexual predator for the rest of his life. Given the fact that you seem to distort reality to the point of calling this emotional hug "placing her hands," I certainly have concerns regarding your ability to assess reality objectively and with an open mind, and hope you didn't destroy an innocent man. 

Edited by Unicorn

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Anyone who's seen major wins at international sports competitions, or even at entertainment awards ceremonies, has seen ample spur-of-the-moment kisses of joy (and this was an emotional, not a sensual kiss) in these extraordinarily emotionally-charged events. This includes both differently-gendered and same-gendered participants.

EXACTLY!  Well said.  It's an emotionally charged event.  People hug and kiss total strangers in these types of situations.  Look at V-E day.

10 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

This example is of scripted scenes when the women knew what was going to happen and had male directors giving them the instruction to act this way.  Not a fair comparison.

Wrong! These "scripted scenes" were a reflection of the times. A bygone era of the halcyon days when harmless gestures of affection weren't twisted into something nefarious.
Geez. If Richard Dawson were still around, they would sentence him to a thousand years of hard labor.

BoZo

11 hours ago, Unicorn said:

.....I don't know the facts of the case in which you were a juror. I would certainly hope that the case you ruled on was entirely different, in that there was firm evidence that there was essentially no chance the apparent victim didn't simply change her mind later. Otherwise, I find it disconcerting that you could go to bed each night without being bothered by the fact that you may have put an innocent man in the slammer, labeled a sexual predator for the rest of his life. Given the fact that you seem to distort reality to the point of calling this emotional hug "placing her hands," I certainly have concerns regarding your ability to assess reality objectively and with an open mind, and hope you didn't destroy an innocent man. 

Have you never served on a jury?  I would think that you would know that a jury reaches a unanimous decision to reach a verdict and that I was not a sole decider.  As you stated, you do not know the facts of the case, nor do you know the composition of the jury or the length of our deliberations.   I have no problems sleeping for the verdict results.  

As to my use of the words "placing her hands" on him.  If you review the video again, you will see that the emotional hugs were between many of the players and those in the receiving line.  In this case, the kiss occurred after the hug and she placed her hands at his waist as the kiss occurred.  It was the latter action that I was recalling when typing those words. 

We both have strong opinions, but in this case, I will defend my ability to assess reality objectively and open-mindedly.  

31 minutes ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Have you never served on a jury?  I would think that you would know that a jury reaches a unanimous decision to reach a verdict and that I was not a sole decider...

No, I've never served on a jury. Attorneys always want the biggest numbskulls they can find to put on their juries, since these are people they can persuade with fancy argument rather than hard facts. Ergo I'm always excused. As you pointed out, the verdict has to be unanimous, so each and every juror is personally responsible for the fate of the convict. A juror cannot simply declare that he was "simply going with the crowd" to absolve himself of his responsibility. I realize that judges put tremendous social and financial pressure on jurors (at least in the US), telling them (falsely) it's "their duty" to come to a unanimous decision, instead of coming to their own conclusions. In fact, they usually will force them into interminable involuntary servitude until the jurors have "done their duty," letting it be known that anything but a unanimous decision is unacceptable. That being said, I personally find it absolutely horrifying that a juror feels a lack of answerability to his decision, claiming "it's the other 11 people who made me do it." 

I also find it telling--and not at all surprising--that you're unwilling to reveal what iron-clad evidence was presented that led to your unassailable conclusion that there was no way she didn't just change her mind after the fact. Hopefully that iron-clad evidence didn't simply consist of the woman's tearful protestations. 

5 hours ago, arnemgreeves said:

And yes, it is sexist. If Spain won the men's WC again, would he kiss the Spanish captain? The Argentinian FA president didn't kiss Messi. If so, not on the lips.

Maybe not a kiss on the lips, but pretty close...

Sacha Pisani on X: "Find someone to hug you like Lionel Messi hugs Emiliano  Martinez. ❤ Messi's quest for an international trophy lives on.  #CopaAmerica https://t.co/I1LEZ07Mjm" / X

It's pretty obvious that in moments of great joy/celebration, people often express themselves in ways they wouldn't normally express themselves. This was clearly not sexual assault on Messi's part. 

5 hours ago, arnemgreeves said:

Open sexism and racism.

Open sexism?  Really?
This kiss was just a friendly peck on the lips in celebration of a win. It wasn't sexual in any way. Stop watching the fake news pushing all this propaganda down our throats.
If you can't see it, ask yourself if this was two men giving each other a peck, or two women doing the same, how it would be treated differently by the propaganda press, and the feigned outrage they create?

Bozo watched video  at least 5 times. The coach was excited about the woman and performance she did. Heck, I do the same with my female friends all the time.  Many women (and a few men) today are way over the top uptight about such things. It's either innocent or not and this was clearly innocent.

Open racism? Really?
How is race involved when a White male European Spaniard kisses (appropriately or not) a White female European Spaniard? I'll wait.

BoZo