HURRICANE HILARY

Becket

Hurricane Hillary was a total bust in Las Vegas, phew!  The heavy rains all passed to the west of us.  At 11pm Sunday, when the rain was supposed to be heaviest, it wasn't raining at all.  The pleasant consequence of Hillary is that it brought beautiful cool weather for a few days, 70s & 80s, when the normal highs are 108-110°.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I lost the main tree in the front yard. Cost of removal?

$900!!!!!

Two sticks of dynamite - $20

Box of matches - $0.50

Glad extra strong garbage bags - $4

The look on your neighbors’ faces when they realize exactly how you got rid of that tree…priceless!! 😆

On 8/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, Lucky said:

I lost the main tree in the front yard. Cost of removal?

$900!!!!!

My landscaper will cut down even a large tree for just some $350. Now, removing the stump is far more expensive.

Edited by Unicorn

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Not sure as I am not at home.

It’s a pepper tree.

Kind of important, as the stump removal is the expensive/difficult part. I had a large pine tree and a large jacaranda removed for some $350 each. I later needed the stump removed for the pine, and that was more along $700 just for the stump/roots. Maybe my landscaper sold the wood to lower the cost of the tree removal?

13 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Maybe my landscaper sold the wood to lower the cost of the tree removal?

Removing a tree is kind of the easy labor part. Just cut it down and take it away. But for a stump on an older tree those roots are massive. So to get all of that removed is quite more of a challenge. I always get ads in the mail for a guy who just specializes in stump removal. Here's a great video showing how much more work is involved with that process:

Edited by BuffaloKyle