Advice for changing Vegas hotel stay dates after booking?

BeamerBikes

I booked a great rate for the Cosmopolitan months in advance. 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to fly out on the day planned, but I will arrive the day after. 

Can I virtually check-in over the phone to maintain the existing rate?  I don't mind paying for the night I can't use.  If I modify the dates online, the rates change and go crazy.  

Likewise, I'm likely going to extend the reservation into the start of the week typically their slow period.  

Any advice on best way to handle it?  Call Hotel directly? I'm sure folks have run into flight delays/rescheduling.   

I think the Cosmopolitan is a Marriott hotel. Believe you can just remote check on their app and have a virtual key. If so, you don't even need to go to the front desk. ...that is, if you are OK for paying for an extra night (presume the changes in dates would incur a higher rate than would be if you were to just keep your current reservation). As for extending, it might be easier just to book the extra night as a separate reservation and combine the two once you get onsite.

Planning a trip to Las Vegas once the new MSG Sphere opens :)

On 7/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, cany10011 said:

I think the Cosmopolitan is a Marriott hotel. Believe you can just remote check on their app and have a virtual key. If so, you don't even need to go to the front desk. ...that is, if you are OK for paying for an extra night (presume the changes in dates would incur a higher rate than would be if you were to just keep your current reservation). As for extending, it might be easier just to book the extra night as a separate reservation and combine the two once you get onsite.

Planning a trip to Las Vegas once the new MSG Sphere opens :)

This is 100% correct.  You can use the Cosmo or the Bonvoy app and check-in from anywhere.

21 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I've always liked the buffet at the Cosmopolitan, and despite the name of the restaurant, I've found that all of the cutlery (including the spoons) is above reproach.

holy cow.....that breakfast buffet menu!........

https://assets.ctfassets.net/sahy2rpqbnsp/5BcfwyVnVc6YGpI4aGB6RP/c4465cbe62f334b396cccaf0fb19ea54/wicked-spoon-menu-6.1.22.pdf