Scammers are using Twitter now

TorontoDrew

Had one posing as Tyler Valenzia (a fitness influencer military guy), and I began to engage with him.  He quickly wanted me to send pics, and us to go to some meeting app thing.  Began to realize wasn't him, so I cut out of it.  Another posing as Dante Colle contacted me.

I got a message Beau Butler was following me, but I think that's legit as nothing further from him.

I think they may have been via instagram vs. twitter.

Edited by bashful

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kabir9 said:

Hey there! It's wild how people come up with all sorts of tricks, like that fake profile saga. 😅 Moving to Telegram or WhatsApp, huh? Talk about thinking outside the box! By the way, have you ever explored unique strategies in different contexts? I've heard some interesting stories. 

Gee, I suppose there are even fakes here at COM!  Hey, Kabir, let's take it over to Telegram, wadaya say??!!  I have some unique strategies in different contexts to tell you about!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 6:38 AM, tassojunior said:

It's ridiculous how many imitation Instagram accounts there are. Meta must do zero verification. 

Meta cares about nothing other than generating revenue.  My feeds on both Instagram and Facebook have been littered the past few weeks with ads offering postage for less than half cost.  I'm not sure what the scam is -- they don't fulfill orders, they send stuff that's counterfeit -- but there's no way that a company outside the USPS is getting postage in bulk for a discount so they can sell first class stamps for pennies on the dollar.  I've used the reporting mechanism to flag these ads as misleading/scam, but they keep coming.