Requesting wine at pool parties?

2 hours ago, Rudynate said:

Actually, I think I misunderstood. It seems that Unicorn is talking about two separate functions in this thread.

Yes, there was the fundraiser last week-end, and the upcoming private bash. At last years' private bashes, I had to scramble to get wine, which I hadn't expected anyone requesting, since I had lots of other options I considered appropriate for balmy weather. I must've thrown a good party last week-end. People left behind a bunch of sandals, clothing, towels... 😁

11 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

There are several cultures who mostly drink beer...but any adult American with the slightest degree of class serves white wine as the standard.

These poolside parties are extremely informal events--most people in speedos or other swimsuits. Even the bartenders go around shirtless. I personally wouldn't be interested in wine in this case, but I will accommodate the few who do.

499 Swim Drunk Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, Unicorn said:

It's pool party season again. In past years, I've had parties in which I offered mixed drinks, beer, and hard seltzers, in addition to alcohol-free options. Despite these options, I had a few guests specifically ask for wine, although wine was not on offer. This made me go upstairs (the party area of my house is downstairs) to go accommodate them. I realize that from now on, I just have to make sure I have wine available. I certainly wouldn't chastise the guests. But do you think it was rude for guests to ask for wine in this situation? I've never asked for wine at pool parties when I didn't see any. (Most of those who asked for wine were older, mainly neighbors, whom I often have over for wine and cheese soirees upstairs)

So to be clear, you have an upstairs a downstairs an entertainment room a pool an open bar policy for guests... Who are you ,🥳

Big bash today! RuPaul Drag Race's Sugar and Adam Lambert have indicated they wanted to come. Hopefully it'll be a blast. (Sugar will not come in drag, though there will be a drag performance by another Queen). 

Drag Race': Sugar Talks Snatch Game, Her 'Twin-Sync' & More – Billboard

Sugar And Spice Twins - YouTube

Edited by Unicorn

• 2 weeks later...