Leg crossing and other traits

Pensant

When I was a teenager I consciously tried not to cross my legs since it was perceived to be “gay”. Neither my parents nor any friends or fellow students ever mentioned it. Really, I’m not sure that they even noticed it. The other day, I was sitting across from my new 24 year-old special friend and he made a comment about my sitting posture. I was sitting with my ankles crossed, which I’ve often done. I also had my hands folded in my lap. He told me that these postures were gay. We laughed and I took it as a compliment. Has anyone else thought about this topic? I though I’d introduce a lighthearted topic this morning!

I remember a list of "tells" like this as a kid:

- If you asked a guy to look at his fingernails, a gay dude would do it with palm away from himself and fingers extended; a straight dude would do it palm up with fingers curled

- If you hold a finger up at forehead level and tell the guy to look at it, a gay dude would just roll his eyes up without moving his head. A straight dude would tip his whole head back

- If you whipped your dick out in his face, a straight dude would laugh, freak out, leave the room.  A gay dude would drop to his knees and go to town.

... or so I was told :)

2 hours ago, Pensant said:

When I was a teenager I consciously tried not to cross my legs since it was perceived to be “gay”. Neither my parents nor any friends or fellow students ever mentioned it. Really, I’m not sure that they even noticed it. The other day, I was sitting across from my new 24 year-old special friend and he made a comment about my sitting posture. I was sitting with my ankles crossed, which I’ve often done. I also had my hands folded in my lap. He told me that these postures were gay. We laughed and I took it as a compliment. Has anyone else thought about this topic? I though I’d introduce a lighthearted topic this morning!

One of the macho boys in my neighborhood told that "real men" don't cross their legs, but cross their ankles instead.( I was in Fifth grade.) I actually thought that was very kind, as he seemed to be looking out for me even though we weren't friends.

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

I always thought it was a class signal: upper class men crossed their legs, while working class men crossed their ankles.

Men who sit with their legs crossed are gaaaay | KenyaTalk

001dacd9-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Crossed Legs png images | PNGEgg