Are kosher hot dogs healthier?

Marc in Calif

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene’s political future was in peril after she was caught on camera in New York City eating what her supporters alleged was a George Soros-backed Hebrew National hot dog.

Greene, in Manhattan to protest Donald J. Trump’s arraignment, was photographed eating the Judaic sausage in Times Square while en route to having her picture taken with Elmo.

After images of Greene seemingly enjoying the controversial beef product ricocheted across social media, the Georgia congresswoman took to Twitter to control the damage.

“I take no responsibility for any meat I ingested while under the influence of the Rothschild banking family’s mind-control beams,” she tweeted.

I think that one can safely conclude that a hot dog which isn't made of meat byproducts would be less detrimental to one's health than one which is.

29 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I think that one can safely conclude that a hot dog which isn't made of meat byproducts would be less detrimental to one's health than one which is.

Very true. But all hot dogs are classified as "processed" to some extent, which is generally not very healthy. 

However, there's this as well:

Kosher meat is safer because the salting process that is used to remove blood from the meat kills disease-causing bacteria, such as salmonella. Additionally, salt has some antibacterial effects.

Edited by Marc in Calif

mw-logo-245x245@1x.png
WWW.MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM

a usable product other than flesh obtained from slaughter animals including edible organ meats and various inedible products (as hair, bone, or… See the full definition

Well, if meat by-products are "a usable product other than flesh obtained from slaughter animals including edible organ meats and various inedible products (as hair, bone, or fertilizer) —distinguished especially in legal and commercial usage from meat." I'm guessing that eating the brains, kidneys, or poop of an animal probably is not salutary. I doubt that adding a lot of salt makes a food more healthful. 

On 4/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Marc in Calif said:

Very true. But all hot dogs are classified as "processed" to some extent, which is generally not very healthy. 

However, there's this as well:

Kosher meat is safer because the salting process that is used to remove blood from the meat kills disease-causing bacteria, such as salmonella. Additionally, salt has some antibacterial effects.

I imagine that Hebrew National, being all beef, might be a wee bit lower in fat and cholesterol than conventional ones