Question: RIP under a members profile

Starbuck

2 hours ago, Starbuck said:

1-Does this mean that the member has passed away, or hasn't posted in a long time?

2-If the answer is it means that they have passed away, how did Company of Men find out?

1. I take it to mean they have passed away.

2. Many people on here have met and know each other in the real world. 

Yes, the RIP member group was added to honor members that we’ve lost over the years. This community has existed for over twenty years and also tends to have a slightly older user base. While we never will know for sure every person who has passed, for those that we do… it’s a way for us to remember those individuals. 

If someone learns of another member has passed, they just need to let me know so I can make the change. 

7 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Yes, the RIP member group was added to honor members that we’ve lost over the years. This community has existed for over twenty years and also tends to have a slightly older user base. While we never will know for sure every person who has passed, for those that we do… it’s a way for us to remember those individuals. 

If someone learns of another member has passed, they just need to let me know so I can make the change. 

Is there a separate list of members who have passed, or just a list of all members with some designated as RIP?

6 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

Is there a separate list of members who have passed, or just a list of all members with some designated as RIP?

You can filter the site’s member list by group. Below is a link of everyone in the RIP member group:

https://www.companyofmen.org/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[9]=1

If there is someone I’m missing, I can change their group. 

27 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

You can filter the site’s member list by group. Below is a link of everyone in the RIP member group:

https://www.companyofmen.org/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[9]=1

If there is someone I’m missing, I can change their group. 

there's a "Follow Member" button under each one of course. 

1 minute ago, tassojunior said:

there's a "Follow Member" button under each one of course. 

Follow will notify you of any new content posted by that member. (Either via the notification system or via email.)  If they’re in RIP and they’re still posting… a few possibilities exist

- They should not be in RIP (they’re still living)
- The account is compromised
- They are posting from the beyond

:) 

On 3/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, RadioRob said:

Follow will notify you of any new content posted by that member. (Either via the notification system or via email.)  If they’re in RIP and they’re still posting… a few possibilities exist

- They should not be in RIP (they’re still living)
- The account is compromised
- They are posting from the beyond

:) 

I have a deceased aunt who still posts and messages on FB. (She's actually stuck in Nigeria and needs a ticket home) Having a communication line to her is sweet. I'd send money for a ticket but she seems much more happy and less grouchy and irritable than any of us remember her in the US. And I'm not gullible; I know she just wants money for alcohol. But it's nice still hearing from her. 

And a few long-departed friends send friend requests. Facebook has amazing reach.  

Edited by tassojunior

13 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I have a deceased aunt who still posts and messages on FB. (She's actually stuck in Nigeria and needs a ticket home) Having a communication line to her is sweet. I'd send money for a ticket but she seems much more happy and less grouchy and irritable than any of us remember her in the US.

And a few long-departed friends send friend requests. Facebook has amazing reach.  

I got a message that her tour bus went off a cliff, and that I am the sole beneficiary of the estate.  I need to send $5000 to cover legal fees and then I will receive $20M in inheritance.  I don't have to share it with anyone because I am apparently her last living relative.  I guess my siblings have all passed on without me knowing it.