Vancouver Legalizes Hard Drugs

Lucky

3 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

...It wasn’t myself who introduced the POV that use of “hard drugs” were responsible for other criminal acts or violence against non hard drug users...

It's not a "point of view" that hard drug dependence is responsible for other crimes. It's a known fact (and obvious), with my friend being a good example.

https://bjs.ojp.gov/drugs-and-crime-facts/drug-use-and-crime

"...In 2004, 17% of state prisoners and 18% of federal inmates said they committed their current offense to obtain money for drugs. These percentages represent a slight increase for federal prisoners (16% in 1997) and a slight decrease for state prisoners (19% in 1997)..."

In an editorial in today's Toronto's Globe and Mail, the equivalent of the NYT in Canada, the newspaper supports what Vancouver is trying on decriminalizing hard drugs.

Moreover they cited the fact the Canada's Association of Police Chiefs also supports the decriminalization of hard drugs as far as possession of small amounts for personal use offences go. 

This association is no left leaning activist group. They represent the law and order voice of the police establishment all across Canada.

I will admit, Canada is no United States. Culturally and socially we are becoming more distinct with each passing year.