Julian Sands is missing

samhexum

Julian Sands, a British actor known for films like A Room with a View and Leaving Las Vegas, is missing after he was last seen hiking California's Mt. Baldy on Friday. A spokesperson for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department confirms to Yahoo Entertainment that "search and Rescue crews responded and began a search." The news comes as Southern California's mountains have been pummeled by storms in recent weeks.

"Due to trail conditions and the risk of avalanche, the ground crews were pulled off the mountain on Saturday evening," a spokesperson shared on Wednesday. "However, we continue to search by helicopter and drones when weather permits. We will schedule another ground search when the weather improves, and it is safe for our ground crews."

This is another example of why exercise & physical exertion are bad for you. 

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

Not bad as a young man. What a pity if he didn't make a more than a few days into senior citizenship...

Julian Richard Morley Sands, born 4 January 1958.image.png.ddc120a8abb3d6eaf492ed88931b44c8.png

Edited by Unicorn

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Not bad as a young man. What a pity if he didn't make a more than a few days into senior citizenship...

Julian Richard Morley Sands, born 4 January 1958.image.png.ddc120a8abb3d6eaf492ed88931b44c8.png

His three sons have now joined the search. They have an idea as to where he was hicking.

@Unicorn

He wasn't alone I am sure  you Hope two experienced men are ok.

13 hours ago, WilliamM said:

...He wasn't alone I am sure  you Hope two experienced men are ok

Where did you read that? The sources I read imply he was alone. And not one report I've heard has said "Julian Sands and his hiking companion...."

50 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Julian Sands is hiking with guide. I hope with all my heart ❤️ they're ok

Where did you get the information that he was hiking with a guide? I have searched several sources, and the most I can get is:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/julian-sands-missing-remote-stormy-california-mount-baldy/

"It is unclear why he was hiking on Mount Baldy, and whether or not he is alone."

I, too, hope he's OK. I would never think of hiking in such conditions, but if I had to, I would certainly take something like this along:

https://www.acrartex.com/products/resqlink-view/

"...This buoyant Personal Locator Beacon requires no subscription for use and includes a digital display providing live status and GPS coordinates. Whether on land, at sea, or in the air, trust that the ResQLink’s satellite precision and military durability, put rescue in the palm of your hands."

image.png.2ab9091c901bfad819844f0ac1b506b9.png

32 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

my focus is great concern that he is ok now that his children are there. 

And you don't want to admit that you just made it up. People will respect you more if you take responsibility for what you say. 

6 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Where did you read that? The sources I read imply he was alone. And not one report I've heard has said "Julian Sands and his hiking companion...."

Julian was alone with a guide. His children had  some idea as to where  . their dad might have been.

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

Where did you get the information that he was hiking with a guide? I have searched several sources, and the most I can get is:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/julian-sands-missing-remote-stormy-california-mount-baldy/

"It is unclear why he was hiking on Mount Baldy, and whether or not he is alone."

I, too, hope he's OK. I would never think of hiking in such conditions, but if I had to, I would certainly take something like this along:

https://www.acrartex.com/products/resqlink-view/

"...This buoyant Personal Locator Beacon requires no subscription for use and includes a digital display providing live status and GPS coordinates. Whether on land, at sea, or in the air, trust that the ResQLink’s satellite precision and military durability, put rescue in the palm of your hands."

I think he was referring to "a guide" in the sense of "a device that helps you find your way".  Just like a "guidebook" can be called a "guide".  Maybe he didn't necessarily mean there was an actual person with him.  In other words, he wasn't just aimlessly wandering about the woods.....

1 minute ago, DWsoccer said:

I think he was referring to "a guide" in the sense of "a device that helps you find your way".  Just like a "guidebook" can be called a "guide".  Maybe he didn't necessarily mean there was an actual person with him.  In other words, he wasn't just aimlessly wandering about the woods.....

No, there is a guide with Julian according to his children who are there as of two days ago. Thanks for your concern

"In addition to Sands, authorities are searching separately for Hawthorne resident Bob Gregory, a hiker who was reported missing by family on Monday afternoon, according to KABC-TV The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s San Dimas station told the station that the search for Gregory is being conducted in the Crystal Lake area of the San Gabriel Mountains." latimes.com

9 hours ago, Lucky said:

"In addition to Sands, authorities are searching separately for Hawthorne resident Bob Gregory, a hiker who was reported missing by family on Monday afternoon, according to KABC-TV The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s San Dimas station told the station that the search for Gregory is being conducted in the Crystal Lake area of the San Gabriel Mountains." latimes.com

Sands and Hawthorne went off separately, at different time, as the reporter suggests.

10 hours ago, DWsoccer said:

No, he altered his prior post, which was a response to my query in which he said point-blank that Sands was not alone, which, in turn, was a response to my posting of the photo of the sign at the start of the trail which warns not to hike alone. His post which now starts with "my focus is great concern" previously stated that he was hiking with a guide. That, in turn, was a response to my asking how he knew Sands was not alone in a previous post of his.  

Even more deceptively, he then added in a later post "Julian was alone with a guide," contradicting both of his previous postings in which he asserted Sands was not alone. I don't think I've seen such contemptible attempts to obfuscate facts in all of my years on this message center.