Denomination Preference?

This topic is 6886 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chaotou

What? No mention of that famous "Brady Bunch" episode about the S&H Green Stamps!! Come on, even you young ones should have seen it on Nikelodeon.

The Bradys had books and books of stamps, the boys wanted to buy some boy thing, and the girls wanted a sewing machine. They decided to have a competition. Winner got all the stamps. They built a house of cards. Tiger, the dog, caused the boys to lose. So off to the S&H store the girls went to get the sewing machine. They had a guilt trip while there, bought something the whole family could enjoy instead. Another Brady happy ending Anyway, I thought this would have at least introduced the younger members of the board to S&H Green Stamps. Maybe you still need the frame of reference of having your mother have you paste them into the books.

A walk down memory lane.

I have a question about using PayPal. Do your clients pay in advance, during the appointment, or after?

I know HooBoy previously used PayPal for donations. But, there was some problem because PayPal quit accepting payments or adult-oriented "entertainment" or products. How do you get around that?

I think PayPal could be a reasonable alternative to carrying around wads of cash. Just wondering how you handle things and avoid problems with PayPal TOS. ;-)

I usually pay in hundreds or fifties. No one has ever complained. And when things went particularly well, I add a glas of champagne, not on the clock, and it is almost always taken... and a moment I really enjoy.... The conversation is always wonderful.....

hg

I pay in $50's or hundred's for short appt's. For longer ones, I always know the guy pretty well by that time, so its usually a combination of cash and check. And someone needs to check out the new US currency - its not all green anymore- just got some new $50s today and they're sort of pink and blue at least compared to the old bills. Not nearly as colorful as the Euro or Canadian dollar or pound, but they are starting to look different. Should help some of our overseas visitors. One of my colleagues actually left a $100 tip accidentally because he thought it was a $10. That didn't go over well on the expense report.

Dominate

>For longer

>ones, I always know the guy pretty well by that time, so its

>usually a combination of cash and check.

I agree that many clients would prefer not to carry around all those $20, albeit that is often all you can obtain from an ATM. Some clients have clearly gone to a bank as they pay me in a bank envelope. Personally, I always prefer larger bills in any circumstance. I report income so the "traceability" or lack thereof, is not an issue for me.

I do not own nor carry a wallet so I simply do not prefer THAT kind of bulge. It invites the wrong kind of attention.

Finally, I agree. I accept checks from many of my regulars although many still continue to give me check, even after I make that an option, for their convenience. One client in Palm Springs always pays with a check, which he always writes out in front of me. One in Laguna essentially makes a wire transfer before I drive down for the weekend. Ultimately, I may have a preference, but my goal would be to make it easy and convenient for my client, which will ultimately also benefit me as well.

RE: Dominate

Well, I never said that I was talking for all of us. Just what I preferred. However, a session is more about what my client's prefer, isn't it? Which is good, because I've never had a client ask me what size of bills he should bring over with him ;)

Guest zipperzone

>I prefer to be paid in 20s. 50s are OK, but I really hate

>100s. Given that I may not wish to have that money traceable,

>and that so many places cannot break a 100 - which is

>therefore less spendable, unless of course I put it in my

>checking account first, which is of course traceable, or at

>least it means the extra time of a trip to a bank, and then

>what about the nice tellers who recognize me alredy anyway

>because of our many checks, so I have to go further afield to

>a bank where I am relatively unknown. Yes, that was a run on

>sentence. Thank you James Joyce. But still, please avoid 100s

>when coming by my place, if you can.

Me thinks you should hope the IRS doesn't check this site!

My lover, Maverick, keeps my books. And if I ever want to get him a little surprise, and not let him know how much it cost me, then I'd better have some untraceable money. Which, of course, I keep track of separately and report to the IRS at the end of the year, along with my regular books. Why? What did you think I meant?

And I do find myself hoping that certain government groups don't read the site regularly, now that you mention it. If not, aren't threads like the one(s) asking which gogo boy bars allow you to do more than just tip the young men, well, aren't they just a little bit risky?

But thank you for your good intentions on my behalf.

Archived