'Tis the season to be nauseous...

samhexum

Several companies are putting a new twist on candy canes with unconventional flavor offerings like hot dogs, brisket and sardines.

While the holiday treat typically comes in a minty flavor, now other varieties such as ketchup, brisket, cherry, bubble gum, clove, mango chili, sour cream and onion, and Caesar salad have all hit shelves this year.

After the 2021 peppermint shortage, many companies are attempting to produce candy canes with a variety of tastes, reported Axios.

The shortage, which was caused by a drop in peppermint oil as well as supply chain issues, forced manufacturers to expand flavors and create a wide-ranging variety of non-peppermint candy canes.

One company, Archie McPhee, really thought outside the box and developed a sardine-flavored treat — and, yes, people eat them according to the company’s president David Wahl.

The company is also responsible for other odd flavors like macaroni and cheese, pickles, bacon, kale, hot dogs, sour cream and onion, and butter.

Wahl said the pickles-flavored candy cane is their best seller.

“My dream would be just like Willy Wonka to do a full meal of candy canes, where you started with the appetizer and worked your way to dessert,” Wahl told HeraldNet.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/21/candy-canes-now-come-in-brisket-sardine-flavors/

Vomit Emoji GIFs | Tenor  🤮 Face with Open Mouth Vomiting Emoji 

🤮 Face with Open Mouth Vomiting Emoji  Vomit Emoji GIFs | Tenor

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

2 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1969.
No. Title Artist(s)
1 "Sugar, Sugar" The Archies
2 "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" The 5th Dimension

My memory does not fail me. I link songs to where I was in my life. Back in 69 I was at university and I remember Sugar Sugar on drives to the ski hills.  

Edited by Luv2play

3 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

My memory does not fail me. I link songs to where I was in my life. Back in 69 I was at university and I remember Sugar Sugar on drives to the ski hills.  

Where were you in 1963 when "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs was the number one record of the year?

~Boomer~

7 minutes ago, BabyBoomer said:

Where were you in 1963 when "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs was the number one record of the year?

~Boomer~

I was 16. I remember that spring Leslie Gore had the smash hit "It's my Party"

As for Sugar Shack a bunch of my friends had a shack at a ski hill in the Laurentians north of Montreal. We called it the sugar shack.

Edited by Luv2play

9 hours ago, WilliamM said:

No. But I saw  Woody and Diane in Play It Again, Sam  on Broadway around the same time.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I saw the London production of Hair also in late August of 1969 after having hitch-hiked around Europe for the summer.

Hey, braggarts...  I saw the London production of A Chorus Line in 1977, which not that many people can say, since it only ran for 3 years across the pond. And I was a 15 year old on my own, since my dad & sister had no interest.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

6 hours ago, samhexum said:

Hey, braggarts...  I saw the London production of A Chorus Line in 1977, which not that many people can say, since it only ran for 3 years across the pond. And I was a 15 year old on my own, since my dad & sister had no interest.

Well, I can say it. But I was gay man in my 30s at the time.

7 hours ago, samhexum said:

I saw two-time Oscar wimner Vivien Leigh in a Broadway musical called "Tovarich.  She was an excellent dancer, but not much of a singer

10 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Vivien won  best actress Oscars for Gone With Wind and Streetcar Named to Desire. She was also a legendary comic actress in The Skin of our Teeth in London.

Yeah, but I doubt she had the talent exhibited by JLo in her Will & Grace episodes or by Paula Abdul in her Voltaren commercial.

6 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

By the way Jim Pardon admitted have a huge crush on Kirk Cameron on Watch What Happens with the great Andy Cohen.

When he is ready to retire his identical twin will take over and it will be called Watch What Happens with Sasha Baron Cohen.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

4 hours ago, samhexum said:

Yeah, but I doubt she had the talent exhibited by JLo in her Will & Grace episodes or by Paula Abdul in her Voltaren commercial.

When he is ready to retire his identical twin will take over and it will be called Watch What Happens with Sasha Baron Cohen.

Vivien Leigh  was married to Lawrence Oliver. They approved together in  many  classical  plays in London

Edited by WilliamM