Cruise ships- massages and spa experiences

Alefer2009

Mostly females that give good massages but they are required to do a hard sell on products. Every cruise line, every massage I've had over the past 15 years.  I've stopped getting massages on cruises because of it. 

The single sex free steam/sauna areas can be cruisy with guys generally nude or towel only, but the thermal suites are coed and clothed.

I have heard that cruise lines take a very harsh line with employees that cross boundaries with guests, so I would be very surprised if any masseur would be willing to risk that.  Many of the workers spend months on board in order to earn money to send back home to their families, so there is a lot to risk if they choose to fraternize too intimately.

Edited by CuriousByNature

Yes to all of the above.

I would say the massages are "tourist massages" or "wyt lady massages" ie lavendar scented light to medium pressure rub downs with a very high price tag ($120ish before tip).  Is it worth it? I treat myself on vacation but I wouldn't pay that at home for a mediocre rub down. They are mostly female, but there are male masseurs too. I don't think any masseur would risk his job even for a good tip. Many of these cruise lines use foreign labor and this is big money for them. If they were cuaght they'd be bounced off the boat and lose their reference.

As for cruisy areas - these ships are VERY cameraed in public areas and they take a hard line with any public sexual activity. I would strong advise caution. Has it happened in a men's restroom stall.. sure. But if you were caught you're not just kicked outta the rest room you could be kicked off the boat. I've had a lot of fun with other passengers in the privacy of my own room.

The massage services you get on board a ship vary greatly depending on ship, sailing time, etc.

Most of the body workers are female. I had a fantastic session on Princess with Dunya, Former Assistant Coach of Croatian Bowling Team. I could tell from the first touch she had worked on athletes. 

They hire for skill, and she had it in spades. MOST ship passengers are more comfortable with Masseuse as opposed to Masseur. So expect nothing other than good, non-sensual bodywork from a woman.  

If you must have more, book a large suite, bring the provider with his table?? 

Bon Voyage!!

I've been on 18 cruises, and I've only seen a massuer on 1 of them.  The rest had strictly massueses.

The massuer sought me out on embarcation day as I walked into the spa area and gave me a good free neck massage as a sample.  I booked him for a massage, and ended up jacking him off during the massage.  Booked again, and made sure I swallowed him.

But I stopped getting massages at all on cruise ships.  The prices have become outrageous.  And when they offer discounts on port days, they still automatically add a 20%+ mandatory gratuity on the non-discounted prices, so the price is still very high even when discounted.  You can often get a better massage for less money in port.  I might do a manicure/pedicure in the ship's spa if I have on board credit I need to spend.

Gender separated saunas are going the way of the dinosaur, but where they exist I often use them to relax for a half hour before getting showered and dressed for dinner.  Many others are open to hanky panky in the sauna, but I prefer to tell them my stateroom number and have them follow me out and we play there.

In follow up surveys, I make sure to tell the cruise line how much I appreciated or was disappointed in their gender separated sauna, and make it clear I seek out cruise lines and ships with nice gender separated saunas.   Some Princess ships even have gender separated saunas and steam rooms.

Went on one cruise recently, and only had masseuses available so I elected to go with the few day spa pass for the thermal pool and steam room to get away from the rest of my group.  Met two other younger guys guys in the steam room who were playful enough.  Made it worthwhile to get away for a little while in the spa but I think our hand on each other in the sauna or steam room beat out a massage experience on the ship with a masseuse there.  

I only know of two cruise lines that routinely hire male massage therapists.

Seaborn and Cunard. 

It’s well known in the cruise industry that male therapists lead to trouble,
and thus they generally (or in fact by policy) aren’t hired. 

Having said that, I’ve had fun on board many times. Most of these men 
are very frustrated living on-board for months on end.

My strangest experience was with a female therapist on a very low budget
cruise (you can thank my extended family for this nightmare). She looked very
young, and terrified. She made it abundantly clear that I was to keep
my underwear on during the massage (which I hate). She then proceeded
to literally pour oil all over my boxers and then attempted reached inside
to grab my cock. There was fucking oil EVERYWHERE and I couldn’t 
get out of there fast enough. I literally left a trail of oil down the hall 
as I ran. Seriously bizarre. 

Now the Olympic Croatian Waterpolo player….is another story!

I took my first cruise on Virgin a couple of months ago. Tons of gay staff in general and they seem to encourage the crew to interact with the passengers as much as they want. I didn't do a massage so I can't comment on whether they have male therapists. I did get a facial though and really do a hard sell for overpriced products afterwards. I just chuckled when they told me the price of all of products the staff recommended for me. The facial itself was also quite expensive but I had a few hundred bucks worth of free onboard credit to spend.

I have been on numerous cruises on various lines including RC, Seabourn, SilverSea, Celebrity, Crystal and Carnival.  I have had several massages but none by masseurs.  They are typically overpriced and most of them have been marginal at best.  My favorite part of the cruise is checking out the sex clubs and bath houses at international ports and destinations.  Love those stops in Spain, London and Amsterdam-- especially when the ship has an overnight stop. 

Has anyone been on a gay cruise? How was the experience?

Edited by Argos