American Gigolo Remake

Snbrd

now 45, he has various looks over the years, of course.....comes off as a bit rough and worn to me, compared to Gere.....but I suppose we shouldn't make the obvious comparisons to the original production and should see how this new one looks on its own....

MV5BMTcwNzA5MDg0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU2

Edited by azdr0710

14 minutes ago, samhexum said:

He was wrongly imprisoned for 15 years in the show, so he shouldn't look young and beautiful like the former Mr. Cary Lowell did in the original.

Is Cary Lowell a woman?  Mr Gere was in my bother's  class at the University of Massachusetts. Stunning good looking.

47 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Is Cary Lowell a woman?

Yes.  And I misspelled her name.  It's Carey.  She is a former model who played ADA Jamie Ross on Law & Order for a couple of years, then in guest appearances a few times since.

spacer.png

3.683 fotos e imágenes de Carey Lowell - Getty Images

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

On 9/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, Snbrd said:

... Jon Bernthal seems a far cry from Richard Gere ...

On 9/10/2022 at 4:00 PM, azdr0710 said:

... he has [had] various looks over the years ... comes off as a bit rough and worn to me ...

I wonder if the casting director saw this picture of Jon Bernthal (from 2014) - or one like it - in which he looks every bit as hot as Richard Gere at his best, and not unlike him. 

jon-bernthal-1499850928-1164x1536.jpg

Guest MikeThomas

Watched E1.  Thought Bernthal did a great job.  However, the show is super creepy.  I guess I'm getting old and have less appetite for this sort of thing.  Not sure I'll keep watching.

5 hours ago, Whitman said:

I wonder if the casting director saw this picture of Jon Bernthal (from 2014) - or one like it - in which he looks every bit as hot as Richard Gere at his best, and not unlike him. 

jon-bernthal-1499850928-1164x1536.jpg

I saw  Richard Gere  in person in a 1979 Broadway show. He  is much better looking. RG played a gay  character in  the play "Bent"

Prurient interest led me to watch the second episode. Given the original movie’s appeal to gay audiences, and the storyline opportunities prison presented, I hoped for a little something. All I saw  was one incidental dick shot at a pool party. 😞

In fact, asked about whether he did guys, the Julian character replies, ”Not my thing.”

• 4 months later...