Dairy-free ice cream

CheckCar

For my fellow lactose intolerants, this dairy-free ice cream brand is pretty good. 

7C54EC3A-4799-4082-9CC4-9A559B82494B.jpeg

EDIT: I actually buy those ones made with cashew milk, so I can’t vouch for the coconut milk offerings.

Edited by CheckCar
Adding caveat/clarification

To be slightly pedantic, this forum is about what you cook and what you use to do it, not about prepared food you buy, either at the supermarket or a restaurant. Now, how you would recreate that wonder that you buy, or asking for advice in doing so is a great thing to discuss here. See who the master chefs are here who can help you recreate your dream 'fake milk' ice cream (or whatever else you aim to make)!!! (Not to disparage those substitutes, of course!) (Not to forget that lactose-free dairy milk is also a thing.)

I love dairy-free ice cream made from coconut milk.  I went completely dairy-free for a couple years - wanted to see if it improved allergy symptoms. It didn't but it did improve my digestion.  Now , I eat minimal dairy  and I like the dairy-free ice cream and yogurt.  My bodybuilding coach says that dairy and sugar are the two "must not" eats - they go straight to your waistline, he says

9 hours ago, Rudynate said:

I love dairy-free ice cream made from coconut milk.  I went completely dairy-free for a couple years - wanted to see if it improved allergy symptoms. It didn't but it did improve my digestion.  Now , I eat minimal dairy  and I like the dairy-free ice cream and yogurt.  My bodybuilding coach says that dairy and sugar are the two "must not" eats - they go straight to your waistline, he says

A local gelato spot used to make gelato with coconut milk.  It had the perfect texture -- silky, smooth, creamy -- but every flavor tasted like coconut, e.g., strawberry tasted like coconut ice cream with just a hint of strawberry flavor.  You couldn't even taste the vanilla at all; it just tasted like coconut.  Even the dark chocolate, the strongest flavor, tasted like coconut.  The gelato-maker gave up & started using nut milks, which didn't have the same great texture but at least the milk source (usually almond) didn't overpower the other flavors.

14 hours ago, BSR said:

A local gelato spot used to make gelato with coconut milk.  It had the perfect texture -- silky, smooth, creamy -- but every flavor tasted like coconut, e.g., strawberry tasted like coconut ice cream with just a hint of strawberry flavor.  You couldn't even taste the vanilla at all; it just tasted like coconut.  Even the dark chocolate, the strongest flavor, tasted like coconut.  The gelato-maker gave up & started using nut milks, which didn't have the same great texture but at least the milk source (usually almond) didn't overpower the other flavors.

Ice cream from nut milks - I like it.  I think cashew milk might work pretty well for ice cream - it has a nice flavor too - a little sweet, but otherwise more or less neutral.  I bought my first box of macadamia milk a  couple weeks ago.  I like it on oatmeal.