Euro Hits 20-Year Low

Lucky

It might be a good time to go to Europe as the Euro is quite low. Almost equal to the dollar!

nytimes.com: The euro fell to a 20-year low against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday, as fears about the European economy weighed heavily on the currency. This was the most prominent sign of renewed economic worries around the world, which were also reflected in stocks wobbling and oil prices falling sharply.

...The euro’s move brought it closer to parity with the dollar, with one euro trading for about $1.025, its lowest level since 2002. Many analysts have said it is only a matter of time before the euro reaches a one-to-one exchange rate with the dollar, as European economies struggle with high inflation, labor unrest and turmoil in energy markets.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/07/05/business/economy-news-inflation-stocks#euro-dollar-inflation-markets

That is sort of good news for me. in November ll be for almost 2 weeks in Barcelona.

Economy is no my strongest point, but, I am wondering if the Euro keeps falling and the European energy crisis will launch an inflation? So even if the Euro pairs with $, the prices will go up?

also, I hope the Thermas (boys) rates don't start to increase to treat it like is a private while is in a bathhouse. I hope to use those type of places, bars as well, to choose who to invite to my room for one on one session 😉

Edited by Alfstoria

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Pensant said:

I’ll be in Portugal for a month starting September 14 so I’m hoping the USD continues strong. Hopefully the wild fires won’t destroy some of the rural areas I hope to visit. Lisbon does have some hot providers, though.

My current main bank account (HSBC) allows me to hold money in AUD and a number of other currencies in the one account (conversion close to interbank rate). I can use the debit card to withdraw cash or pay for things straight from those funds if I'm in the relevant country (or on-line). If you have something like that you could take a bet and convert some money into Euros now. If the Euro goes back up, good, if it keeps falling, bad luck! The only catch, apart from that, is no credit card rewards points.

I'm hoping to get to Europe in September or October to take advantage of the weak Euro and Pound.  I'm waiting till the crazy summer travel is over and airports are somewhat back to normal.  Also, I want to get my monkey pox vaccine before I go.  I have decided not to have any intimate encounters until after I'm vaccinated.

23 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

I have decided not to have any intimate encounters until after I'm vaccinated.

I haven’t had any since early April, and that was with a long term regular. I may get a shot before Portugal, though I never go to saunas or crowded gay venues anyway.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:04 AM, mike carey said:

My current main bank account (HSBC) allows me to hold money in AUD and a number of other currencies in the one account (conversion close to interbank rate). I can use the debit card to withdraw cash or pay for things straight from those funds if I'm in the relevant country (or on-line). If you have something like that you could take a bet and convert some money into Euros now. If the Euro goes back up, good, if it keeps falling, bad luck! The only catch, apart from that, is no credit card rewards points.

I’ve used ATMs abroad forever without a hitch. My bank waives the interbank charges. I did have a debit card eaten by an ATM in Kyiv, but thankfully I had a spare. I think I’ll get a thousand EUR at B of A before I leave. The fee is ridiculously low. Then I won’t have to worry about it. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, Pensant said:

I’ll be in Portugal for a month starting September 14 so I’m hoping the USD continues strong. Hopefully the wild fires won’t destroy some of the rural areas I hope to visit. Lisbon does have some hot providers, though.

We did Madrid for a week then Portugal for four weeks afterwards last year...almost the same exact time you are going to be there (mid Sept to mid Oct).  Loved it and the weather was still very warm.

Oh, the other day the euro was 99 US cents (tho it's 1 to 1, today).

Edited by Jim_n_NYC