Doing Your Taxes on Cash App- I Can't Figure It Out

This topic is 745 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Credit Karma made it easy for me to do my taxes last year, but they turned that feature over to Cash App. You have to scan one of those QR things to download it, and I don't know how to do that. Or apparently you can get the app from the Google store?

But then, who wants to do their taxes on their phone? I don't. So, HELP!! time is running!

I didn't really figure it out as I cannot access the tax worksheets now. They did not ask me for other deductions, nor did they ask me if  had paid estimated taxes. So the info is wrong and I can't fix it!

This will be the last time for Cash App.

And this is why I am willing to pay someone else to do our taxes. I take a folder filled with all our documents to the tax prep office, and let them deal with it. They also do the electronic filing for both federal and state. My desktop computer stopped accessing the Internet the day before they emailed all the resulting paperwork to me; I was not about to try to read 20 pages of filings on my phone, and I couldn't print anything, so the tax prep secretary printed everything for us, and all we had to do was go into the office, pick it all up, sign some papers, and write them a check. It's worth it to me not to have to deal with the stress of doing it myself, and I can blame them if anything is wrong.

19 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I find paper tax forms with the instruction booklet the easiest to use.  No internet connection required.  It's a little too late to have the tax forms mailed to you from the IRS, but you can pick up the forms and instructions you need at the local IRS office, and some public libraries.

The problem is that the IRS is so short handed that they still have not cleared all tax returns from last year. Filling a paper tax return may delay the processing for months again this year too.

19 hours ago, NJF said:

The problem is that the IRS is so short handed that they still have not cleared all tax returns from last year. Filling a paper tax return may delay the processing for months again this year too.

I always adjust my withholdings so that I owe them money, and don't expect a refund.

This year I mailed my tax return with check on March 8, and the IRS cashed my check on March 14.  Fast and easy.

40 minutes ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I always adjust my withholdings so that I owe them money, and don't expect a refund.

This year I mailed my tax return with check on March 8, and the IRS cashed my check on March 14.  Fast and easy.

I thought Federal would take time due to IRS warnings but it turned out fine. My New York State return was efiled in early February (at the same time as Federal). Still waiting on my refund 2 months later… damn revenuers! 
80702F8D-7F74-485B-A01B-921FB971182E.jpeg.28b19b6020e1144b4a7024a2f3e1e425.jpeg

4 hours ago, FrankR said:

I thought Federal would take time due to IRS warnings but it turned out fine. My New York State return was efiled in early February (at the same time as Federal). Still waiting on my refund 2 months later… damn revenuers! 
80702F8D-7F74-485B-A01B-921FB971182E.jpeg.28b19b6020e1144b4a7024a2f3e1e425.jpeg

The trick is to always owe them, not have them owe you.  They have an incentive to open the envelopes and cash the checks payable to them before they get around to issuing checks payable to us.