Randy, Paula, Simon, and Kara

JT Brooklyn
This topic is 5516 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Burning Ring of Fire

Geez, did that boy have VD once? He knows about burning. There were some great performances tonight. I liked Megan, the flu girl, and the little Janis Joplin was great. AnoopDog came back nicely as well, but I think I will vote for the home team. That was a bold and gutsy choice to make.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say good-bye to Alexis Grace

She sang her heart out to win over the judges but it wasn't good enough. It's now down to ten finalists.

http://froggypic.com/image/04/701c88908bd25dd377aada921d370c5a.jpg

Alexis Grace trying to win that "save".

Guest Jesse Dane

I was very sad to see Alexis get the boot. I thought she had the potential to go far in the competition. Just goes to show that all it takes is one bad song to get kicked off.

I was aghast that Allison was in the bottom three though! Seriously...WTF?!? She is by far one of the strongest voices in the competition!

Guest zipperzone
Guess who Adam's roommate is? I was surprised:

It would be even funnier if he was bunking with that dweeb with the glasses who is so religious that it makes me hurl (the one whose wife recently died) - I forget his name.

It would be even funnier if he was bunking with that dweeb with the glasses who is so religious that it makes me hurl (the one whose wife recently died) - I forget his name.

His name is Danny Gokey and, sadly, his wife did die shortly before the new season of American Idol began. Not sure why you are saying he's "so religious". The theme for this past week was "country music gender" and he selected a hit song by former Idol winner, Carrie Underwood, called "Jesus Takes the Wheel". All the judges agreed it was a good choice for him and a not a song anyone could sing. As Randy Travis put it, "it was a tough song full of emotions". Paul said, "Carrie Underwood should be proud". Even Simon liked the song, however, not his "parker". The judges feel Danny should be in the top 2. Since many "country songs" have religious lyrics, I found nothing wrong with his choice, however, if he sang "Ave Marie", I'd be concerned. ;)

Coop

http://froggypic.com/image/04/77a8f3ed0088b8a2e34084887afc0695.jpg

DANNY GOKEY on AMERICAN IDOL

No room for error

Yes I know I am over my limit but this thread is worth it. Each week is like a new subject thread, yeah I am stretching the reasoning.

Agree with Cooper. He may have a job as choir director and sang a song with Christian connection but many country ballads due have religious connection and it is Carrie Underwood. Danny and Adam as bunk mates would have been great.

Surprisingly through the years, most of these Idol alums get along very well.

Feel bad for Alexis but this season more than any other not much room for error. Danny/Adam/Lil probably have some room but the rest are a lousy song choice away from out the door. This was a terrible choice of a song, Brooke just sang it last year and jeez Brooke's performance was only so-so last year and Alexis was not much better. In fact, given the fact that she had the opportunity, no doubt pressure like no other performance, she actually sounded worse than the first performance. I would have sent Michael home myself but that's America for you.

Motown week this week and every single competitor should be able to pick a song that works. If we get Easy Listening from Scott again, time to go. Not sure I can take Tatoo lady much more, stop cork-screwing and sing in tune for the whole song once, time to nail a performance, sick of potential and flu. Michael better pick a good R & B song and nail it or bottom 3 and keep your mouth shut if Simon's critical. The other on the bubble is Anoop, showing a hot & cold history. If a cold he could be bottom instead of Michael and probably head home but I think Megan, Scott and Michael.

Archived