Randy, Paula, Simon, and Kara

JT Brooklyn
This topic is 5515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Randy, Paula, Simon, and Kara on American Idol

"Good job on keeping us informed on the contestants this year."

Thanks Lucky. If you watched last night's performances you can see it's going to be a great Season 8 on American Idol with much excitement and emotions. Last night, lots of crying and thank you, thank you so much took place.

My first hope is that the producers don't focus in too much on the hardships of the contestants. I know it sells but enough is enough... Yes, there is one singer who's blind, another, just weeks before the show aired, lost his wife, and then there are those controversial pictures circulating the net... The main focus should be on the singing talents of these fine contestants and who will become the next American Idol.

My second hope is that fellow AI fans, Jesse Dane and Noah Driver, can join me for a night of watching the show. ;-)

Coop

Guest Jesse Dane

>My second hope is that fellow AI fans, Jesse Dane and Noah

>Driver, can join me for a night of watching the show. ;-)

>

>Coop

Sounds like fun! :-)

I'm loving the addition of Lil Rounds and Jorge Nunez to the top 12! I honestly didn't think Scott MacIntyre was as good as they made him out to be though. I like him and he has a pretty good voice, but not a GREAT voice in my opinion and the song he chose was ghastly! I would have rather seen Felicia Barton make it.

I'm crossing my fingers for Jazmine Murray next week in the wild card! I also would like to see either Megan Corkrey or Jesse Langseth make it through to add a very unique voice to the competition.

"I'm crossing my fingers for Jazmine Murray next week in the wild card! I also would like to see either Megan Corkrey or Jesse Langseth make it through to add a very unique voice to the competition."

Hey Jesse, You don't have to wait till next week to find out who's in the Top 12... AI's Wild Card Show is on tonight. It's already aired on the East Coast and the lineup is complete... Without giving anything away, there's a surprise twist at the very end.... Coop

Guest zipperzone

>I honestly didn't think Scott MacIntyre was as good

>as they made him out to be though. I like him and he has a

>pretty good voice, but not a GREAT voice

I totally agree. IMHO he is in the top 12 because he got the sympathy vote.

The Top 12, or should I say, the Top 13 now have been selected. It was the decision of the judges to add one more "wild card" to the TOP 12.

From last night's Wild Card Show, the following 4 were chosen by the judges to join the other finalists:

http://froggypic.com/image/01/da648a7136691b057bdc273b0a4d9ac2.jpg

JASMINE MURRAY

http://froggypic.com/image/01/be9eec16316c37a82921ac6006cea161.jpg

MATT GIRAUD

http://froggypic.com/image/01/1ba52e8fad0538597d884bfc392302b2.jpg

MEGAN CORKREY

http://froggypic.com/image/01/552e5a308c9ff64966ff2f24b5d78d0c.jpg

ANOOP DESAI

Guest Jesse Dane

RE:Scott at the Top?

>Am I the only one who wants to see norman gental back? LOVED

>him. AND I AM TELLLLLIN YOU!!!! haha

Haha, I loved him too! Although I think the top 12 would have been a bit too far for him to go. I am eager to see where he will go with his comedic career in the future.

I'm so glad we're finally through all the preliminary parts of the show and can get on with the main part of the competition!

I liked Norman/Nick. Many I talked to at work did not. Thing is this is not the forum. Yes it is a bit much to use the term "integrity" of the show, but since this is a "record" deal basically he does not fit. That said how great it would be for N/N to be in the traveling show. His gimmick is visual, I don’t know how tight the budget is for AI comes to you, but he would be great for that. I bet he is back at the finale.

I have a couple thoughts about the start of AI this week.

Top 12 or 13, a month from now the bottom couple of people will be quickly forgotten. I mean I remember David H. (not for his singing but “dance” photos) and Amanda O. the rocking nurse but again not because she was a great singer. The same will happen here.

Judges do not like contestants attached to their instruments and the key board just wont work every week so Scott’s run will probably end ½ way, top 10 then fade. Matt and Kris both know they will have to nail vocals without instruments at some point. I give Kris the better shot, he has a very good voice.

As cruel as it sounds, inquiring minds want to know. Can’t wait for the first Ford commercial, I am guessing, Scott will be behind the wheel. How many dance routines with Scott in a chair can they come up with? By the way anyone else think Scott’s brother is a hot looking guy.

Since most have sung only once tough to make a lasting choice, but really after Lil Rounds do any of the girls deserve to be in the top 5. If Allison can hang in there in the early rounds she may stick, the pressure can get to them, yes

Why not just ban repeat songs, then contestants wont be tempted to return to them.

If you forget the lyrics or screw them up this season, no mercy!! Please no Brooke White’s or David A., yes twice Archie screwed up lyrics last year and was not called on carpet for it. At least the week Jason did it he went home in one of the worst final 4 performances ever. Yes we know the pressure is great but please you deserve a demerit if you screw up the lyrics.

Please worry more about how well you sing the song than dancing or stage movement. Know your vocal range, if you can not hit the high note than don’t sing that song, more importantly if you do not have a lower register, don’t sing that song. I actually think people sound worse when they try to go low. It takes almost a full stanza to get your voice back in key. Sit on a stool, I am already sick of Megan’s corkscrew movements, I am sick of cute.

Remember; the judges hate anyone singing Stevie Wonder, Whtiney, Mariah and former Idol winners.

First to go is Michael Sarver, still no clue why he is here. I would take Ju’not, Von or Nick/Norman over him. Besides with 8 guys and 5 women the odds are a guy goes first.

Top 5:

Lil Rounds

David G.

Adam L.

Jorge

Last, I prefer Kris but I will go Alexis

They’ll be an upset or two and will not be shocked if Allison or Matt G are there. The actual winner has been hidden in the group the last three years until about week 5. I really would like to see them all do well, but cant wait to see what tired old singer they drag up for singing. Please no Barry Manilow, ugh! How about a Chris Brown/Rihanna week? They have enough idol Alumni why not just go with them. They can even have boring Taylor Hicks week. America does get one wrong once in awhile.

Guest zipperzone

>I liked Norman/Nick. Many I talked to at work did not. Thing

>is this is not the forum. Yes it is a bit much to use the term

>"integrity" of the show, but since this is a

>"record" deal basically he does not fit. That said

>how great it would be for N/N to be in the traveling show. His

>gimmick is visual, I don’t know how tight the budget is for AI

>comes to you, but he would be great for that. I bet he is back

>at the finale.

Aren't you the one who had a two post per thread rule?

You're at three and counting:)

Guest Jesse Dane

>Top 5:

>Lil Rounds

>David G.

>Adam L.

>Jorge

>Last, I prefer Kris but I will go Alexis

My top 5 are...

Adam Lambert

Allison Iraheta

Lil Rounds

Alexis Grace

Jorge Nunez

It is still a bit early and I'm sure we'll have a better idea in a few more weeks who the truly standout people will be. Overall I think we ended up with a pretty interesting group though.

>They can even have

>boring Taylor Hicks week. America does get one wrong once in

>awhile.

Please god no!!!! Worst American Idol EVER! I couldn't even watch that season, lol.

Guest zipperzone

No need

Zip you are right and I am wrong. Sorry for posting a 4th time but could not send you a private post. Thanks for the reminder I will stick to my own words in the future.

Bart - There is no need to apologize. I see nothing wrong with posting, in one thread, as many times as you want to. The bitch in me just had to call you on it

I guess we have to wait until the Hawaii contingent has a chance to see the show before we can mention any results...

hey Lucky, I think it's now safe to post the results:

http://froggypic.com/image/01/26592b4a46b37b77f30f4b53ab96fb83.jpg

Last night, 2 finalists were voted off:

Jasmine Murry

Jorge Nunez

I like the new rule that was started. The judges can now save 1 finalist from getting the boot. This is to prevent one of the top singers from being voted off too early.

Saved

I felt sorry for Jasmine. She sang her heart out, but didn't have a chance at that save. If the judges used it first chance they had, then it was gone for good.

With Adam's purple hair pix out in public now, kissing that guy, I wonder how things are for him back stage. Who do you think would be the homophobe? If anybody, of course...

Guest Jesse Dane

I was very surprised about who got kicked off. I can't believe Anoop survived somehow. Jasmine was just too overshadowed by Lil Rounds' powerful diva voice I think, which hurt the amount of votes she got.

The new rule where the judges can save someone is fantastic! My bet is that it gets used on Adam Lambert this season.

Archived