Grandee Men Spa - Super worst experience.

Hello Folks -

Today I wasted almost 2 hours and no massage.  I booked guy called Bruce as he was available, no clue who was this before I booked. I went there. He came for massage. He started but in 10 minutes, he went 5 times outside. Kept opening doors and going out and coming back. I told him you should not do because of privacy. After 15 minutes Allen came told me Bruce is not feeling well, he kept texting on phone and telling I should not be here , i  have another appointment with another customer after 45 minutes.  But no interest on massage as I asked him to continue. He left the room after like 10 minutes  and came back after 15 minutes asking - do you want me to do massage or not. I said I already wasted my 45 minutes. Then he started. He did for 10 minutes with no interest at all. No pressure, nothing. Just rubbing with his one hand up and down on top of towel on me and second hand keep texting on phone. I could feel he is just doing time pass.  i told him to apply hard pressure, he started arguing this is how i do and left the room. This is the worst experience even I got on any SPA in NYC. It is not just money, but I wasted my time which is much more valuable. wasted 2 hrs in commute. Total of entire day waste. Please stay way from both these guys.  I got the appointment booked and told them what I needed in advance.  I am  thinking to report to the owner. 

How do we report this problem  when these guys  non stop using phone during massage? i am very concerned about it. 

Cheers

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, TerryAance said:

Hello Folks -

Today I wasted almost 2 hours and no massage.  I booked guy called Bruce as he was available, no clue who was this before I booked. I went there. He came for massage. He started but in 10 minutes, he went 5 times outside. Kept opening doors and going out and coming back. I told him you should not do because of privacy. After 15 minutes Allen came told me Bruce is not feeling well, he kept texting on phone and telling I should not be here , i  have another appointment with another customer after 45 minutes.  But no interest on massage as I asked him to continue. He left the room after like 10 minutes  and came back after 15 minutes asking - do you want me to do massage or not. I said I already wasted my 45 minutes. Then he started. He did for 10 minutes with no interest at all. No pressure, nothing. Just rubbing with his one hand up and down on top of towel on me and second hand keep texting on phone. I could feel he is just doing time pass.  i told him to apply hard pressure, he started arguing this is how i do and left the room. This is the worst experience even I got on any SPA in NYC. It is not just money, but I wasted my time which is much more valuable. wasted 2 hrs in commute. Total of entire day waste. Please stay way from both these guys.  I got the appointment booked and told them what I needed in advance.  I am  thinking to report to the owner. 

How do we report this problem  when these guys  non stop using phone during massage? i am very concerned about it. 

Cheers

I'm sorry to hear of your experience at Grandee Spa.  I would definitely report what you endured to the manager.  You did everything right by making an appointment and you were taken advantage of by not only one but two masseurs.  I can understand that Bruce may have taken ill last minute but then why wasn't Allen able to step in and provide you with a proper massage? So much for Grandee's customer service.  I hope you didn't end up paying the full fee.  I would never return.  

On 1/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, Redwine56 said:

I'm sorry to hear of your experience at Grandee Spa.  I would definitely report what you endured to the manager.  You did everything right by making an appointment and you were taken advantage of by not only one but two masseurs.  I can understand that Bruce may have taken ill last minute but then why wasn't Allen able to step in and provide you with a proper massage? So much for Grandee's customer service.  I hope you didn't end up paying the full fee.  I would never return.  

Taken ill last minute seems like they lack any safety protocols. In these times this is very disappointing.  

Did you guys ever experience? You lay down on table naked and masseur keep going out and coming back like  5 times in 10 minutes that too when door is right next to the lobby and nothing he tells you while going.  And next masseur comes after 10 minutes because first masseur just disappeared and later  keep  texting on phone and reading messages and doing massage by 1 hand. This is way super worst service what I experienced in Grandee.   I just do not get, how can they do this?? 

I reported to manager.  He just said apologize.  I just do NOT it. He should supposed to take action. 

Thanks Guys.

6 minutes ago, TerryAance said:

Did you guys ever experience? You lay down on table naked and masseur keep going out and coming back like  5 times in 10 minutes that too when door is right next to the lobby and nothing he tells you while going.  And next masseur comes after 10 minutes because first masseur just disappeared and later  keep  texting on phone and reading messages and doing massage by 1 hand. This is way super worst service what I experienced in Grandee.   I just do not get, how can they do this?? 

I reported to manager.  He just said apologize.  I just do NOT it. He should supposed to take action. 

Thanks Guys.

Perhaps he will take action if it affects him. Leave a negative public review online not only here but on other review sites.  

sorry this happened to you.

5 hours ago, TerryAance said:

Thanks Guys.

I cannot say that I ever had as terrible of an experience as you had.  Once on a while I've had a masseur who was distracted during the massage but if it was longer than a few minutes or more than once or twice, I would immediately express my dissatisfaction and their tip is reduced.  I'm the paying customer and if I can't get what I'm paying for, they will know it.

They have a history of being unprofessional there.  I don't get it - they spend all that time, effort and money every couple years to rebrand the place, yet carry over the same practices.  I can say that over the years I've never had a good memorable experience there.  If I had to give it a rating, I'd say c- across the board.  Even the halfway decent massages that I may have ended up with there were ruined because they tend to cut them 10 min short.  There are better spas who try much harder to please than to have to resort to patronizing this one.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ZackNYC said:

Yes! Good to know :)

www.grandeemenspa.com

7CD142E7-BC9C-473C-B4E8-B12516216FA3.jpeg

On 11/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, Nicky T said:

I had a wonderful massage experience over there. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LuTEVSNCdQkCS3PeoeJzZhvVaq2X8zO0/edit?usp=sharing_erl_m&rtpof=true&sd=true&userstoinvite=estefano6688@gmail.com&ts=636881ea

Our e-proflie 

❤️

On 1/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, TerryAance said:

Hello Folks -

Cheers

I must have read your post too fast as I missed the part where you wrote about not paying for such lousy service.  

I really hope you did not pay considering you said you repeatedly had issues of not getting a real/full massage and the little  bit of massage you had was done with one hand while the supposed masseur used his other hand to talk on his cell phone in between opening and closing the door to where you were getting the alleged massage. 

No good when you pay for such terrible service. 

You know you can leave fairly long reviews on Yelp and similar sites explaining what happened at that facility. 

• Cooper locked this topic