Topics without Cities

jeezifonly
This topic is 878 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m noticing an uptick in number of topics in Deli and Spa that are vague enough to ignore completely. “This guy hot?” May be a legit inquiry, resulting in useful knowledge from the group in response.

But.

Doesn’t it make more sense, if you want a reply, to include a city, region, (or even a continent) in the header? The only value in being vague is if the poster is the same gent pictured in the ad link and just wants hits. 

Please remember to add the city when starting topics, (or say Traveler if he has nothing but some current city and a filled travel sched) 
Just a thought for the New Year as more of us will feel safe hiring again, Please Goddess…🙏🏻

Guest MikeThomas

I don’t understand why it is important to add a city in the header.  It just ends up increasing the number of threads about a particular provider, especially one who travels.  If I am interested in someone coming to Chicago, I would prefer to search and find one thread, not multiple threads.

Just my opinion 😀

4 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

I don’t understand why it is important to add a city in the header.  It just ends up increasing the number of threads about a particular provider, especially one who travels.  If I am interested in someone coming to Chicago, I would prefer to search and find one thread, not multiple threads.

Just my opinion 😀

That’s why I recommended “traveler” if they seem travel a lot… 

8 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

I don’t understand why it is important to add a city in the header.  It just ends up increasing the number of threads about a particular provider

That might be a problem if you're looking for a provider, but if you're looking for a specific city? or trying to get info about someone who's local to a specific city you're traveling to? It would help. A. Lot.

And for travelers, I think anyone who does a search, seems to get cross-referenced. And including traveler in the line would help with sorting.

I think a city in the thread title makes sense, and if someone is traveling and the home base is known, including both would be helpful.

More than that, having at least the name in the thread title makes sense.

I don't even click on threads where the title is so vague that I have no idea what it's about.

I agree that this isn't likely to change since some probably don't think it's an issue and others might simply want to do things that they know bother other people.

What? Doesn‘t everything revolve around Manhattan? :) Just kidding. It is a little irksome when people post questions sans clarifying details (i.e., links, cities). Extra effort for the reader and no one likes to do extra work. 

Edited by cany10011

Guest MikeThomas

If I'm interested in a specific city, I start with rentmen and then search for providers that interest me.  At that point I don't care what cities they've been in.  😃

15 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

I’m noticing an uptick in number of topics in Deli and Spa that are vague enough to ignore completely. “This guy hot?” May be a legit inquiry, resulting in useful knowledge from the group in response.

Yes, please put a city in the header. I sometimes look for suggestions on the forum and the location helps. Plus, you're more likely to get a response from someone living in the city if you put its name in the header.