Things you miss

This topic is 863 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

3 hours ago, bigjoey said:

Not to be a spelling queen, but I think  the show was: “A Shadow Knows”

Have you seen the shadows nose~? It’s almost all you see of him~😂🤣😂 🥰

…and that laugh~ 🥰 

who knows what spelling corruption lurks in the hearts of men… and why~ The Shadow Nose~ 😂

65C9795A-B160-42AB-869C-10FB0136FBCF.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent

14 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Have you seen the shadows nose~? It’s almost all you see of him~😂🤣😂 🥰

…and that laugh~ 🥰 

who knows what spelling corruption lurks in the hearts of men… and why~ The Shadow Nose~ 😂

65C9795A-B160-42AB-869C-10FB0136FBCF.jpeg

Just adding this 1950’s news ad here just because… what exactly is going on in this picture~? The article starts out: “Number 16 made great connections in his 11yrs with the NY Giants… On and off the field~“😳🤭😂🤣😂🤣❤️ Looks like he made some pretty close connections on the field~ One can only image what they were off the field~
 So much fun~!!!image.thumb.jpeg.3e4810bc958c84f0399085bf53005fce.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent

41 minutes ago, dbar123 said:

Progress is fantastic but I would still like to turn back the clock for a day and have lunch at a Horn & Hardart Automat and dinner at Howard Johnson’s 

https://www.pinterest.com/fiestagal52/memory-from-childhood-howard-johnsons/

https://www.hornandhardartcoffee.com/

Edited by azdr0710

I agree with observations made on the progress Gays have seen over the decades and the greater freedom and protections now in place and would not want to return to the darker days before Stonewall.

But ... I do miss hustler bars; they were more exciting than a day at Disneyland. However, tempus fugit.

Nostalgically, I agree with Barnard Shaw that "youth is wasted on the young." Ah, if I knew then ... etc.

I joined with a friend each Christmas Eve for a holiday dinner at a lovely home, where the same folks would gather by tradition each year.  For me it was a magical evening of fellowship with some very interesting people.   So many fun, amazing stories were shared.   The gathering was like my own personal Brigadoon. 

But the pandemic stopped the gathering last year, and of course again this year.  I don't know if the host will resurrect the event in the future.  I have a sense he won't for various reasons.   The pandemic has eliminated all sorts of activities, but this is one of the most special, one that I'll think about again this Christmas Eve.   

spacer.png