Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

On 4/19/2023 at 1:04 PM, NYMassageAddict said:

So, I decided to give Energy Men Spa another chance. Ugh. 

I show up, I’m assigned Murial (?) a relatively cute somewhat tall Chinese masseur. 

His skill was horrible. He used his thumb as a weapon and it was painful. 

I know we have to be careful about what we say on here, so let’s just say I was teased and then the shake down for tip began. While the end was complete, it wasn’t really enjoyable and I won’t return again. No wonder that shit hole is never busy. These places don’t understand how to run an honest business. Bye. 

Ugh, I should have come on here before going to Energy again. I was in the area so figured what the heck, it's been years since I had been there. It's so rundown and has a musty smell. The guy was cute with tattoos, earrings so started promising. Massage had some good moments but then other moments I was like, what the heck is he doing?? lol. Then as soon as I flipped over, asking for $80 tip. I said no thanks, I didn't bring that much with me, he said they have an ATM or I could venmo him. I said, no thanks, then after a few minutes he asked how much could I afford?? Such a turn off and he shorted me like 20 minutes, which I didn't even care, just wanted to pay and leave. Never again. 

On 5/18/2023 at 8:35 PM, jmkblnd1 said:

Ugh, I should have come on here before going to Energy again. I was in the area so figured what the heck, it's been years since I had been there. It's so rundown and has a musty smell. The guy was cute with tattoos, earrings so started promising. Massage had some good moments but then other moments I was like, what the heck is he doing?? lol. Then as soon as I flipped over, asking for $80 tip. I said no thanks, I didn't bring that much with me, he said they have an ATM or I could venmo him. I said, no thanks, then after a few minutes he asked how much could I afford?? Such a turn off and he shorted me like 20 minutes, which I didn't even care, just wanted to pay and leave. Never again. 

Wow, so sorry you had this experience, just awful. Bad enough that the place is run down, smelly, but then to be put in that upsell tip situation and shorten your massage time as well.....  :(  Did you tell management?

On 5/18/2023 at 8:35 PM, jmkblnd1 said:

@bigman

Forgive me for asking, but 210 pages of Spa comments is a lot to sort through!  What is considered the top shelf experience in NYC?  27 Men?  Looking for a great massage with great sensuality...not looking for sex.  Also, clean....seems like a lot of them are not from y'alls comments.  Feel free to DM and a big thank you!

54 minutes ago, lamk59229b said:

Walked passed this the other day: 

profilepic.png
NEWYORKERMENSSPA.SETMORE.COM

Book an appointment with New Yorker Men's Spa using Setmore

Anyone tried?

I went once last year. It was basically an overpriced rub and tug. Didn’t feel the need to revisit 

On 5/22/2023 at 9:46 PM, bigman said:

deep tissue $48  Matthew just did  for me  45  mintuese again, at east men tonight, and get free table shower too

Too bad they were so busy I didn't make an appointment so I only got 30 minutes,

I don't know what aromatherapy they use, the whole spa smells like rosemary

Oh  Richard…. Terrible advertisement 

…. Terrible advertisement 

On 5/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, sumdud13 said:

Has anyone had Tony at Renew York Spa? I booked with Peter but they ended up calling back to say he wasn't working tomorrow and offered Tony instead...

If youre looking for a sensual HE, avoid Tony at all costs. Massage was pretty decent but no fun! 

On 3/25/2023 at 5:37 PM, ChrisW said:

On Reddit someone recommended Why Not to me but came here and seems like I should avoid. Can anyone DM me to share if/why I should avoid?

I may just try Yeah Man instead. 

Which Reddit page - looking for a place more focused on spas vs. the freelancers. Thanks.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:17 PM, NYMassageAddict said:

I’m not sure who on here is familiar with Renew York Spa on 8th Ave next door to the Q. It is a mixed spa, meaning men and women and legit and YMMV. 

I think the facility is quite impressive and you can get a very good massage. Peter (40+) medium build, nothing special in the looks department delivers a very strong but good massage. He can be quite enjoyable at the end too. I’ve also had Jake - not as good as Peter but can be enjoyable. 

Today I tried Tony. He is not skilled and not enjoyable at the end. And trust me; I tried. If you haven’t checked it out, do it, but skip on Tony. 

Damn why did i not check more thoroughly first. I'm so mad i wasted money!

On 5/26/2023 at 12:59 PM, Jackus said:

Oh Richard!!!  Terrible advertisement 

If you think bigman owns the spas he is reporting about, then he owns every single gay spa in New York City, he has, over the last few years, tried them all and reported on all of them. Not in a particularly useful way, fair enough, but he has. 

Edited by Tarte Gogo

5 hours ago, Tarte Gogo said:

If you think bigman owns the spas he is reporting about, then he owns every single gay spa in New York City, he has, over the last few years, tried them all and reported on all of them. Not in a particularly useful way, fair enough, but he has. 

He is part owner of most spa my dear….  I know him 

Edited by Jackus

On 5/26/2023 at 1:00 AM, sumdud13 said:

Damn why did i not check more thoroughly first. I'm so mad i wasted money!

I called and asked for Jake and they didn’t seem

to know who I was talking about. Anyone go to Jake recently?