Sondheim . . . No One Will Ever Replace Him

TruthBTold
This topic is 894 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Spielberg may be just in time to spark interest in his genius among a younger audience!!!
Though WSS was just lyrics, Sondheim’s catalog of original music brought old musical theatre ideas forward with influence from jazz and classical, always with the focus on telling the story.
Stephen Sondheim left the world a much better place than it was before he showed up. May he rest free of tech rehearsals evermore. 

8 minutes ago, jeezifonly said:

Spielberg may be just in time to spark interest in his genius among a younger audience!!!
Though WSS was just lyrics, Sondheim’s catalog of original music brought old musical theatre ideas forward with influence from jazz and classical, always with the focus on telling the story.
Stephen Sondheim left the world a much better place than it was before he showed up. May he rest free of tech rehearsals evermore. 

I saw The original cast "Gypsy," and  original cast "Sunday in the Park with George." Something I treasure with all my heart.

17 hours ago, WilliamM said:

I saw The original cast "Gypsy," and  original cast "Sunday in the Park with George." Something I treasure with all my heart.

wow..... 

i totally get what you are saying.... i was there for the NY opening of Sweeney Todd and saw Angela Lansbury - pretty amazing.... but I also loved seeing several previews of Merrily We Roll Along - incredible, even if in a very different way!

20 hours ago, TumYum said:

wow..... 

i totally get what you are saying.... i was there for the NY opening of Sweeney Todd and saw Angela Lansbury - pretty amazing.... but I also loved seeing several previews of Merrily We Roll Along - incredible, even if in a very different way!

I scored a ticket to "Gypsy" in the front row of the orchestra in August 1960 at the Imperial Theater

I read up on his bio that his husband/widower was 50 years his junior (Jeffrey Scott Romley). Makes the age difference between "Chris" and me of 30 years seem like not so much! 😏 It'll be interesting to see with whom Jeff Romley hooks up next!

Jeff Romley (Stephen Sondheim's Husband) Wiki, Biography, Age, Family,  Husband

image.jpeg.a12dca63d3a4234b0409eba4fc7963ce.jpeg

I remember that one of the richest men in town where I previously lived, Dean Lesher, married a woman 25 years his junior, Margaret Lesher. When he died, she married someone 25 years her junior, T.C. Thorstenson. 6 months after they were married she drowned under mysterious circumstances when the two were camping by a lake. To Thorstenson's surprise, he didn't inherit the fortune she inherited...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Lesher

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Margaret-Lesher-The-final-humiliation-3091737.php

Edited by Unicorn

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I read up on his bio that his husband/widower was 50 years his junior (Jeffrey Scott Romley). Makes the age difference between "Chris" and me of 30 years seem like not so much! 😏 It'll be interesting to see with whom Jeff Romley hooks up next!

Jeff Romley (Stephen Sondheim's Husband) Wiki, Biography, Age, Family,  Husband

image.jpeg.a12dca63d3a4234b0409eba4fc7963ce.jpeg

I remember that one of the richest men in town where I previously lived, Dean Lesher, married a woman 25 years his junior, Margaret Lesher. When he died, she married someone 25 years her junior, T.C. Thorstenson. 6 months after they were married she drowned under mysterious circumstances when the two were camping by a lake. To Thorstenson's surprise, he didn't inherit the fortune she inherited...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Lesher

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Margaret-Lesher-The-final-humiliation-3091737.php

I am not sure how the article about Dean Ledger is relevant to Sondheim.

Edited by WilliamM