only murders in the building (hulu)

samhexum

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Season 3 was absolutely incredible! The whole musical element and the addition of both Streep and Rudd was perfect. Even Jesse Williams killed it! I'm very curious to see what season 4 is going to bring with the... well I don't want to spoil the end for those that didn't watch the finale yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dutchal said:

No.  The Ansonia was the home of the Continental Baths.  The building in the series is actually the Belnord.

You are more correct than I. 

The Arconia of Only Murders in the Building fame is a fictional building. It is based on the real life Ansonia, home of the Continental Baths. However, the actual building they are using is The Belnord, home of Zero Mostel and Lee Strasberg.

Now you REALLY know….grin 

• 3 months later...

Charles, Oliver and Mabel are headed out west for Season 4 of Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building.

In a new interview with Deadline, Craig Erwich, who oversees ABC, Freeform and Hulu, confirmed that the New York City-based comedy will relocate to California for at least part of Season 4.

“I’m very excited to see Steve [Martin], Martin [Short] and Selena [Gomez] take a little break from the apartment building and come to Los Angeles,” Erwich said. “So in the same way that [series co-creator] John Hoffman used the canvas of Broadway to tell what I think was one of the most unique seasons you’ve ever seen, the same unique Only Murders take will be applied to Los Angeles.”

In Only Murders’ Season 3 finale, Mabel received an invitation from her boyfriend Tobert (played by recurring guest star Jesse Williams) to accompany him to Golden State, while Oliver encouraged girlfriend Loretta (fellow recurring guest star Meryl Streep) to move to California to be with her son Dickie.

Then there’s Charles, who’ll probably want to vacate the Arconia, at least temporarily, after a bullet meant for him took out his longtime stunt double Saz (played by Jane Lynch). (the best moment the show ever had)

“I love New York — the characters, the richness, the depth is endless — and it’s a New York show,” Hoffman previously told TVLine. “But I don’t want to be afraid of things that make you go, ‘What?’ ‘Where are we?’ ‘Where are they now?’ I think you have to do that so it doesn’t feel too insular.

“[The Arconia] is our apartment building, and much like how we want to get out and be in New York as much as possible, I think you also have to remember this trio and the potential for whatever would be happening in their lives that might lead them to go away for some reason,” he explained. He also assured us that the Arconia will always be a part of the show, adding: “It’s our building! I love it so, and we have devotion to it in every way.”

No word yet if Streep or Williams will reprise their roles in Season 4. We also don’t have a timetable for start of production or release.

Well, at least with an LA setting I'll be less pissed off at all the scenes that have them going the opposite way of where they say they're going.

Last night's episode of "FBI" had a classic one of these.  A witness in Lower Manhattan was interviewed and asked where the perp went.  She pointed towards the East River which is due east of where she was lying on a gurney.  The FBI Agent then reported that the witness had headed west.  Org!

Molly Shannon has been added to the 4th season cast.  I'm guessing I'll find her character annoying.  I often do, & given the series' propensity for having characters that annoy me even though I love it, that's probably a safe bet.

2 hours ago, dutchal said:

Well, at least with an LA setting I'll be less pissed off at all the scenes that have them going the opposite way of where they say they're going.

Last night's episode of "FBI" had a classic one of these.  A witness in Lower Manhattan was interviewed and asked where the perp went.  She pointed towards the East River which is due east of where she was lying on a gurney.  The FBI Agent then reported that the witness had headed west.  Org!

You mean like when the suspect was in a restaurant in 'the Bronx' & the scene was shot on Queens Blvd?

On 2/14/2024 at 5:39 PM, samhexum said:

Molly Shannon has been added to the 4th season cast.  I'm guessing I'll find her character annoying.  I often do, & given the series' propensity for having characters that annoy me even though I love it, that's probably a safe bet.

You mean like when the suspect was in a restaurant in 'the Bronx' & the scene was shot on Queens Blvd?

Or when they're supposedly headed for Long Island but are actually driving towards the GW bridge (or vice versa, I forget which).

Both NY and LA set shows are also frustrating in how they show trips that would ordinarily take somewhere between thirty minutes and two hours being completed in like five minutes.

Edited by dutchal

In a recent interview with Deadline, Craig Erwich, who oversees ABC, Freeform and Hulu, confirmed that the New York City-based comedy will relocate to California for at least part of Season 4. And now, TVLine can confirm that Molly Shannon will appear as part of a season-long arc as a “high-powered Los Angeles business woman who finds herself drawn into the world of the investigation in New York.”

Additionally, Meryl Streep will reprise her Season 3 role as Oliver’s girlfriend, Loretta Durkin.