Getting requests for pics on RM as a client?

keroscenefire
This topic is 967 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Same.  I don't have any pics on my account and I received two requests today.  One brought me to a website the other just brought me to a list of my local providers.  I blocked both, but like spam phone calls, they'll just assume another identity and do it again.  I tried looking for an option to report the profiles to RM but didn't find anything.  

edited to add:  received a third tonight. 

Edited by RJD

Just got this email back on the site:

Hello,

Thank you for your reports.

We had profiles from spammers sending requesting people to see their
private galleries, we deleted their profiles, if you see any other person
requesting your private gallery or spamming you in any similar way please
contact us with the username of the person that is sending you the message.

Regards
Marcus
WebAdmin
*RentMen *

This is new. Over the past week, I’ve received multiple requests from rent.men users to open my private pics. Since I have neither public nor private pics uploaded to my profile (and for better or worse, nothing else in my profile), I find the requests odd. Presume it’s just a scam and delete the requests. Has this happened to anyone else?

Note, in the past I have received messages through the website from other users requesting additional information regarding a review. That made sense, and I responded.

Bloody hell, I thought it was just me.

I've had five blank profiles on RM send me private photo requests - when I don't even have private photos.

When I've clicked on some of the profiles, they have been deleted or don't exist.

Very strange.

So it's been happening to a lot of us then?

I did click "accept" on a couple of the requests (even though I've got no private pics to show), now I'm worried that something bad will happen!?

2 hours ago, sjmuktop said:

I did click "accept" on a couple of the requests (even though I've got no private pics to show), now I'm worried that something bad will happen!?

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Out of the five I received, three were already deleted and two led to a pay site.  I think their goal is to get people to bite at the pay site. 

I'm curious how they got the URL of their bogus RM profile to point to the pay site.  

It's a relief to see others have received requests and how they dealt with them...  I was honestly baffled by the first request and ignored it overnight; the second, and then the third - all with identical picture led me to assume fake profile - and then read this thread.