Alpharetta Georgia: Any thoughts on living there?

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 1008 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have an old friend who lives there whom I have visited. Lovely suburb but I would go nuts living there. If I lived in Atlanta, which is a nice city, I would live in mid-town, which has more of an urban feel to it with restaurants and museums and such. Also walkable and not so dependent on the car as the suburbs are. Quite gay friendly too.

I actually had considered moving to the area a few years back. There are lots of fun entertainment venues in the area, but traffic does suck. 

Ultimately I ended up staying in the DC metro area and plan to move to the FLL area around 2025. 

The Atlanta metro area is somewhere I could absolutely see as somewhere I could be comfortable living. Specifically where in that area (Buckhead, Midtown, John’s Creek, College Park, Alpharetta, etc) were all still open for consideration. 

Alpharetta is a relatively nice neighborhood in Atlanta. If you will be commuting for work, definitely consider your commute because GA 400 and I285 are terrible.  The new interchange is still under construction, I think, but the traffic will be still be lousy after it's done.  I used to commute between Duluth and there so I avoided the freeways entirely.

The nearby areas have some huge Korean, Vietnamese, and Latin American immigrant communities for some excellent variety for dining out. The Buford Hwy Farmers Market was one of my favorite excursions, too.

Edited by DynamicUno

Boring, target anything inside the loop but be aware that the crime is getting worse and more brazen once you get inside 285.  

Edited by BnaC

47 minutes ago, Deadlift1 said:

Buckhead neighborhood is trying to secede from Atlanta because of the crime.  Beautiful city but too far from beach and too hot and humid.

Buckhead is where the crime and disruption is getting most brazen.  

19 hours ago, Doe Be Doe said:

Potential job

Traffic matters. Where will you office?   That matters since an inbound commute from Alpharetta could be brutal but an outbound commute to Alpharetta would not be as bad.  Budget matters too…are you looking to rent or own?   Budget?